Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Lighter fuse (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/lighter-fuse-45012/)

skyline26 02-24-2013 10:47 AM

Lighter fuse

anyone know what fuse is hooked up to the center bezel? i had my GPS cord plugged in but it somehow got stuck in there and now it broke and there is a piece stuck right at the back of the lighter..it sparks at times since there is a piece of metal in there as well and touches the sides of the lighter if the car shifts.. want to get a needle nose pliers in there....or am i going to have to unhook the batter cables?

thanks

Oldblue 02-24-2013 11:01 AM

better to take out the waterfall bezel and remve the power socket to clear the peices out of i

Sno White 02-24-2013 03:17 PM

My guess would be fuse #30 in the underhood fuse box.

donbrew 02-24-2013 05:29 PM

It's the one underhood that is labelled front power outlet, it also powers the OBDii port.

Silverfox 02-24-2013 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sno White (Post 693471)
My guess would be fuse #30 in the underhood fuse box.

I think it depends on what year HHR.

My 2011 2LT shows #29 front cigarette lighter and #30 rear console power plug.
Both are 20 amp fuses so you could rob 1 to check the other out.
My front plug went dead last week and I just today took my tester out and checked it out. It was the fuse. Easy fix.
This is the fuse box under the hood.

SF

sleeper 02-24-2013 11:51 PM

skyline26-

My 08 is underhood fuse #29.. Surprised you haven't had a CEL.

My lighter shorted & blew the fuse (# 29) light went on instantly. Hooked up code reader & it said "No Link", because as (previously posted) this is connected to the ODB II socket.

db/sb 02-25-2013 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper (Post 693525)
skyline26-

My lighter shorted & blew the fuse (# 29) light went on instantly. Hooked up code reader & it said "No Link", because as (previously posted) this is connected to the ODB II socket.

He say it 'sparks at times' - so apparently the fuse hasn't blown (yet).

skyline26 02-25-2013 08:48 AM

ya fuse is still alive nothing blown yet...just dont want to fiddle with the center bezel then unhook the outlet..thats too much work lol some pliers should do the trick as soon as power is cut to it or :shocked:

Silverfox 02-25-2013 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper (Post 693525)
skyline26-

No CEL when it went for me either ..... Seems I've read here somewhere that it is a very poorly made socket plug and subject to easy damage then requiring a complete replacement.

SF

sleeper 02-25-2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by db/sb (Post 693540)
He say it 'sparks at times' - so apparently the fuse hasn't blown (yet).

Yes agreed..

Originally Posted by Silverfox (Post 693562)
No CEL when it went for me either ..... Seems I've read here somewhere that it is a very poorly made socket plug and subject to easy damage then requiring a complete replacement.

SF

That is surprising, (if you blew the fuse ? ) since the OBD II port is on the same circuit..