Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Lighter fuse (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/lighter-fuse-45012/)

Silverfox 02-25-2013 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper (Post 693592)
Yes agreed..

That is surprising, (if you blew the fuse ? ) since the OBD II port is on the same circuit..

I have the fuse right in front of me and I can see it is blown.
How long would the CEL stay on after the event. If for just a short period I might have missed it although I doubt it. I pay close attention to all functions.

ChevyMgr 02-25-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox (Post 693596)
I have the fuse right in front of me and I can see it is blown.
How long would the CEL stay on after the event. If for just a short period I might have missed it although I doubt it. I pay close attention to all functions.

OBD port with a blown fuse will not cause a CEL. You just won't be able to monitor or communicate with the vehicles modules via a Tech II.

sleeper 02-25-2013 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr (Post 693607)
OBD port with a blown fuse will not cause a CEL. You just won't be able to monitor or communicate with the vehicles modules via a Tech II.

Well, mine light up & fuse was blown by cig lighters' short to ground...

Coincidence ? edit: after further study, I have to believe it is a coincidence.

gordon1 03-02-2013 08:35 AM

power plug fuse

I also have a fuse that blows want to replace plug in dash. Hdo you get the front bezels out without breaking something thanks 2007 HHR lt

donbrew 03-02-2013 08:53 AM

grab into the air vents and yank.

skyline26 03-21-2013 06:21 PM

well so i pulled both fuses suggested and when i plugged them back in now i dont have power to my outlets..i tried replacing the fuses with new ones and still dont work..wat happened?? :s

scbill 01-21-2014 11:25 AM

Just found this thread.

If you decide to replace the well as I did, because there were burn marks(arcing) on the inside, also rust. If you go with an aftermarket (think autozone, pepboys,etc) before you start, get a couple of 7/8" ID X 1 1/4" OD thin washers, unless you can get the bezel off of the old port. 2006LT, underhood panel, #29=LTR(15A)front, #30=PWR outlet(30A)rear.

FWIW...If you are replacing with stock one, you may not have to remove the trim piece, look inside the well, you will see a grove, turn the groove to about the 1;o clock position, turn back, and forth while pulling out, the tab that holds it in place will line up with a notch and it may come out that way.

Hope this helps..Bill

donbrew 01-21-2014 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by scbill (Post 733171)
Just found this thread.

If you decide to replace the well as I did, because there were burn marks(arcing) on the inside, also rust. If you go with an aftermarket (think autozone, pepboys,etc) before you start, get a couple of 7/8" ID X 1 1/4" OD thin washers, unless you can get the bezel off of the old port. 2006LT, underhood panel, #29=LTR(15A)front, #30=PWR outlet(30A)rear.

FWIW...If you are replacing with stock one, you may not have to remove the trim piece, look inside the well, you will see a grove, turn the groove to about the 1;o clock position, turn back, and forth while pulling out, the tab that holds it in place will line up with a notch and it may come out that way.

Hope this helps..Bill

GM sells the OEM one for about $1 more than the ones you have to "modify" to work. There is also a special tool made for it.