Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Is my car a lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:45 AM

Is my car a lemon?

Well, I'm doing the "1 last change to fix" paperwork to send to the manuf. because I'm tired of all the problems I've had, what do you think:

Steering Column Rattle
4/30/08 - replaced steering column
6/31/08; 11/18/08 & 6/7/09 - I pointed out there is stil something wrong with it, it clicks when you go over bumps but they say NOTHING wrong.

Wobble when Acceleration
5/29/08 - put new axle shafts on for wobble
11/18/08 - balanced all tires for wobble
12/05/08 - put two front new tires on for wobble
3/17/09 - telling me nothing is wrong, it is a low axled vehicle that is why it feels like that. Well, than why fix it the last 3 frigen times.

Car shakes when slowing down
5/29/08 - refinished rotors...yippy that helped
3/17/09 - told them about it they did nothing, now if they drove it like they said back on 3/17 they would have so noticed this issue.

Anti-Freeze Smell
11/18/08 - They found nothing wrong
12/08/08 - They smelled it the 2nd day they had it but couldn't find anything wrong again, put dye in.
12/15/08 - Still found nothing
3/17/08 - Still found nothing, now at this point I'm irriated because I have two small kids that have to smell this and yes they do smell it because my 8 year old pointed out that something smells in my car. Of course after 30-40min smelling it I get a minor headache.

Minor issues but annoying
- 3 times in to fix starter remotes
-2 times in to fix door panel rattle that is annoying

Paid 500.00 for those running boards because they are cheap and will not put them on so your car doesn't get sand blaster the hell.

So, do I have a chance or what?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 AM

I've got that "Steering Column Rattle" too. I only notice it on a slow drive on a dirt road. I figured it was the left front shock was bad & flopping around.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 AM

OH and I forgot to point out since November when you go over bumps it sounds like the front end is going to fall apart. I was told it was because it was "cold" outside from other people so I ignored it. My husband pointed out this weekend that something has to be broken because it is really bad now which could be the reason it wobbles when your going 20-25. I'll find out when they call me to say bring it in to fix it.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 AM

I would check the "Lemon Laws" in Maine to be sure if you have a case. each state is a little different.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:53 PM
ecl

Originally Posted by vschriver
OH and I forgot to point out since November when you go over bumps it sounds like the front end is going to fall apart. I was told it was because it was "cold" outside from other people so I ignored it. My husband pointed out this weekend that something has to be broken because it is really bad now which could be the reason it wobbles when your going 20-25. I'll find out when they call me to say bring it in to fix it.
Mine does this when its cold as well, took it in and of course couldnt recreate the problem so every now and then it still does it when its cold. Then again my hatch does to so i dont know. As for your problems im not sure on the lemon laws but kinda sounds like it just double check.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

Yes you have a lemon, but not in the car but the dealer is a big lemon.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by bigdog9586
Yes you have a lemon, but not in the car but the dealer is a big lemon.
I agree with that! If you want it fixed find a new dealer.

If you want to claim lemon law, then google your states lemon law and find out if you qualify.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Maine if they can't fix the problem after 3 tries you can claim it as a lemon but first you have to give them a chance to fix it for the 4th time. If they can't fix it than I can try and get my money back. I actually love the car I just wish they would fix the thing for me. I was going to bring to a different dealer but if I want to "try" and get my $$ back I have to bring it to the same dealer for the 1 last fix thing.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:42 PM

from my understanding of the law, it should be 3 times (same problem) and if not fixed correctly then you should sent a certified letter to GM stating ur problem and give them one last chance to fix it. After that letter is sent is when u can start the process of mailing the application for the lemon law to ur states capital. My fee wuz 35.00 for the application and 9.00 for postage, but thats for texas
Old 06-09-2009, 07:40 PM

Does your car have under 18K miles?

10 § 1163. Rights and duties

1. Repair of nonconformities. If a new motor vehicle does not conform to all express warranties, the manufacturer, its agent or authorized dealer shall make those repairs necessary to conform the vehicle to the express warranties if the consumer reports the nonconformity to the manufacturer, its agent or authorized dealer during the term of the express warranties, within a period of 3 years following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to a consumer, or during the first 18,000 miles of operation, whichever is the earlier date. This obligation exists notwithstanding the fact that the repairs are made after the expiration of the appropriate time period.

Quick Reply: Is my car a lemon?