Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

My heater/AC fan wont shut off

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:17 PM

My heater/AC fan wont shut off

My fan control has four click positions but only two speeds. The first three positions are low and the last position is high. It wont turn off completely. Has anyone else encountered this? I am taking it to the dealership next week to see whats up.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:20 PM

No, sounds like you`re headed in the right direction though, the Dealer.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:23 PM

Sounds like a wiring thing, maybe? Definitely see the dealership about it.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:24 PM

I had a similar problem last fall. I could not turn the fan off or it would turn on by itself. The dealer found a fried resistor and replaced, but after I picked it up and took it home I found that it still did it. I took it back in and they could not find anything else wrong. They attributed it to the afterblow feature possibly being turned on, which I found given the use and outside temp that it could not have been that. I was going to take it back in, but then it quit doing it and has worked fine since.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:29 PM

The afterblow feature?
Old 06-17-2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by nss79
I had a similar problem last fall. I could not turn the fan off or it would turn on by itself. The dealer found a fried resistor and replaced, but after I picked it up and took it home I found that it still did it. I took it back in and they could not find anything else wrong. They attributed it to the afterblow feature possibly being turned on, which I found given the use and outside temp that it could not have been that. I was going to take it back in, but then it quit doing it and has worked fine since.
nss79, sorry about the small hijack, but we're having a BBQ on the 30th in St. Louis, check out the regional thread if you're interested.

and now back to our regularly scheduled thread.............
Old 06-17-2007, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
The afterblow feature?
Afterblow is by default off. It comes on after the car is turned off to dry up moisture in the system when the AC has been used and it is at least 70 degrees outside. I found all this out after they told me this was the cause. All I know is that I wasn't using AC in November and it wasn't 70 degrees.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Well I`ve been driving with the a/c on lately, when I pull in the garage, it`s pretty quiet, if there`s some sort of fan blowing, after I turn the ride off, it`s mighty quiet.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:42 PM

The afterblow feature comes from the factory off, so unless you had it turned on your car won't do it. I was told it may have been activated when they worked on it the first time--then I found out how the feature actually worked.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by nss79
The afterblow feature comes from the factory off, so unless you had it turned on your car won't do it. I was told it may have been activated when they worked on it the first time--then I found out how the feature actually worked.
That sounds like a lot of smoke up someone's A$$

Quick Reply: My heater/AC fan wont shut off