Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

New owner has a few questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:42 PM

New owner has a few questions!!

Hi all! I just got a 2006 LT1 with 34,000 miles on it. I also have the 2.2L engine. So far we love it as we traded a 97 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT in on it! So gas is great. We have owned it about 2 weeks now and I have only put $60 in gas! And we drive alot! So my questions are these:

1) Has anyone had theirs NOT start?
We drove it off the lot and hit the library. Came out and cranked it only to have it shudder really bad and shut off. We immediately called the dealer. They had it for 2 days and couldn't find anything wrong!!

2) Anyone hear alot of air?
We seem to hear ALOT of air coming in while driving over 40mph. We only hear it on the dash, right in front of the steering wheel, under the windshield. It is sooo loud you can hear it over the A/C blasting AND the radio on!

3) Should it sound like a manual when it revs at higher speeds?
When we drive at anytime it whines really loud. Like a manual. It is a 2.2 after all and doesn't have the balls my truck had, so sometimes it needs a bit more of a push to get up and going to me. Or maybe I am still just used to a V8?

Thanks so much for reading and answering a newbies wonderings! Rinny
[/SIZE]
Old 08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 33
Size:  38.2 KB

Just a thought here on the forum.......you may want to have the text a bit smaller. I know you're excited and all about having a HHR, but some may find it a bit rude.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:03 PM

A LT1 is a chevy eng. a 1LT is a HHR My 06 is not noise at all with over 36K
Look at the firewall and see if a rubber plug is missing or the boot around the steering col. is torn, or a hose off the lap cooler A/C vent
Old 08-16-2007, 04:07 PM

Welcome to the Fourm, and I can see that you are Enjoying your new Ride.

There will be some one who has had those problems before pipe in soon, but in the mean time, the Search button (at the top Right Hand Side) will be your friend.

I have a 2.4 auto, and have not had any of the problems that you have stated. The wind noise,,,,,,,,,I have the window visors, and Play my music loud, so I don't honestly know.

But WELCOME!
Old 08-16-2007, 04:36 PM

I think you have a couple leads on the wind noise, also check the windshield seals.

I gotta ask, did you get a carfax report from the dealer? The other issues sound like they may be from lots of bad drivers, dare I say a former rental!

Don't let up on the dealer until they straighten it out. Not much of the 36K warranty left.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 28
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! Glad to see you are enjoying your HHR
Old 08-16-2007, 05:06 PM

First, I honestly don't care what size text I use. It's not like it was ALL CAPS now was it! I have never used this forum before as you know, and I have no idea what sizes the text will be when chosen as it does not instantly change it like in a group!

Second, Thanks to all the thoughtful people out there who replied nicely to my problems. We will be putting wind shields up. Dh also wants mud flaps but we shall see as this is my car!
I guess I can play stupid blonde to the dealer and maybe they will fix it. I talked to my salesman today( I bought it from a BIG dealer, not some dinky hole in the wall) and he drove with me at my speeds and he said it all seemed normal but since I still have warranty(which I can also buy an extention of even after it is up) to take it to service if I still feel it is not right! DH says he doesn't seem to think anything is wrong though he only gets to drive it once a week if he is lucky =0)
Old 08-16-2007, 05:09 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Rinny's06HHR
First, I honestly don't care what size text I use. It's not like it was ALL CAPS now was it! I have never used this forum before as you know, and I have no idea what sizes the text will be when chosen as it does not instantly change it like in a group!
All it was, was just a suggestion. Never said you intended doing it on purpose.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:47 PM

Welcome, No noise here with 32,000 miles. Love the color!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Thumbs up Welcome!!!

Name:  welcome.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  68.2 KB

Quick Reply: New owner has a few questions!!