Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Nothing But Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:45 PM

Nothing But Trouble

I have a 2009 I purchased in February of 2011. I have had nothing but issues with it. I have had the throttle body replaced, the battery, the computer, the power steering motor, and the iginition cylinder. I had a leak when it rained that eventually rotted out my carpet, but GM would not pay to fix. The shop told me it was a $600 repair. My husband fixed it. It was the boot that covers the wires from the drivers door to the fuse box. It was not sealed correctly and full of mud and water. Now, all I have is rotted carpet on the driver side. When I bought my car, The Angry Bird because it is red, I loved it!!! I may be loving it again if I can find some carpet.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:49 PM

Carpet?

I have a 2009 I am trying to find replacement carpet for. The shop said I had a firewall seam leak and it would cost 600 to fix it. Ooookkkkaayyy. I have a hole in my carpet because it was continuously being flooded. My husband ended up fixing it and it was the rubber boot covering the wires from the drivers door into the car. It was full of mud and water so he cleaned it out and resealed it.

Anyone know where I can purchase new carpet?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by rleah5
I have a 2009 I am trying to find replacement carpet for. The shop said I had a firewall seam leak and it would cost 600 to fix it. Ooookkkkaayyy. I have a hole in my carpet because it was continuously being flooded. My husband ended up fixing it and it was the rubber boot covering the wires from the drivers door into the car. It was full of mud and water so he cleaned it out and resealed it.

Anyone know where I can purchase new carpet?
I am terribly sorry that your vehicle flooded and now you are experiencing a hole in your carpet. I would like to get involved and lend a helping hand. Could you please private message me your name, address, phone number, vehicle identification number, and current mileage? Also all the details concerning this issue including the dealership that provided that information.

Thank you,

Jessica L.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-30-2013, 04:22 PM

I dont know how to do that... I'm looking though. If you can look up work orders through Oakley Chevrolet you can find it. It was either going to be the cowl or the firewall. Turns out it was neither.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Technical Moderator

I have a 2009 I purchased in February of 2011. I have had nothing but issues with it. I have had the throttle body replaced, the battery, the computer, the power steering motor, and the iginition cylinder. I had a leak when it rained that eventually rotted out my carpet, but GM would not pay to fix. The shop told me it was a $600 repair. My husband fixed it. It was the boot that covers the wires from the drivers door to the fuse box. It was not sealed correctly and full of mud and water. Now, all I have is rotted carpet on the driver side. When I bought my car, The Angry Bird because it is red, I loved it!!! I may be loving it again if I can find some carpet.
Totally the wrong place for this post, but you're new.

Try your local GM dealer for a new carpet, it's one piece and is semi-rigid. Too bad you didn't get the leak fixed sooner, the carpet usually does not suffer too badly from water. I am betting that a rust inspection of the floor is in order.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Deceased

Moved your post and Don's reply into a new seperate thread.

Don is absolutely on target, the dealers can get the OEM carpet from GM, it fits and goes in without a fuss.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:16 PM

I am sorry Angry Bird has had so many problems. My 2008 HHR has been good to me and I think most HHR's are good reliable autos. No repairs on mine except brakes and an ignition under warranty. Can't help you with the carpet but your husband may be able to find a realtively clean one on eBay. Hope your car troubles are over now.

Boydie

Old 07-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Technical Moderator

I dont know how to do that... I'm looking though. If you can look up work orders through Oakley Chevrolet you can find it. It was either going to be the cowl or the firewall. Turns out it was neither.
Left click on the "ChevroletCustomerService" name in the left side of the post, a menu will drop down, choose send a private message.

They won't be able to tell you much more than your warranty expirations. If it was me, I'd omit the personal info, that's just none of their D business.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Technical Moderator

Well, it seems we have a complete newby to the "internets" here.

She's gonna keep you busy Mike.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Deceased

That's OK Don, everybody was new here once.

Quick Reply: Nothing But Trouble