Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Outside Thermometer

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 10:43 AM

Could be a problem with the sensor. Mine has always been pretty accurate...generally within a degree or 2 of local temps. Might want to have the dealer take a look at it...but I would first check to make sure it has a snug connection...and if you haven't already done so, check all your fuses...both under the hood and in the panel to the right of the center console. Another idea might be to disconnect the battery as a last resort, which should cause it to reset when reconnected. Others might have ideas other than I suggested, as well.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:02 PM

Outside Air Temp

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Could be a problem with the sensor. Mine has always been pretty accurate...generally within a degree or 2 of local temps. Might want to have the dealer take a look at it...but I would first check to make sure it has a snug connection...and if you haven't already done so, check all your fuses...both under the hood and in the panel to the right of the center console. Another idea might be to disconnect the battery as a last resort, which should cause it to reset when reconnected. Others might have ideas other than I suggested, as well.
It seems to me that I read somewhere on here or some other board that someone had the same problem (btw I have this problem also) and the dealer replaced the sensor and it did not fix the problem. On a second note I have not checked the fuses under the hood yet ( I know I am trying to get in the Record book for procrastination ) Either way it is a good suggestion Deb..

Julian
Old 07-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Deceased

To me the Group Chicago said it perfectly in their song about just this very thing
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo

doesssssssssss
does anyone really know what the temperature is?

careeeeeeeeee
Does anyone really care?

about temppppppppppppp
and so i cant imagine why

oh ohhhh oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
the temp outside will make us cry

oh nooooooooooooo

i had to post this on the other forum and couldnt resist putting it here
Old 07-12-2006, 12:34 AM

too funny... mine read 101 today and the trees around here are whistlin for dogs!!!

CBL
Old 07-12-2006, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by cowboybornlate
too funny... mine read 101 today and the trees around here are whistlin for dogs!!!

CBL
The guage should just get to a point where it just reads "HOT"
Old 07-12-2006, 07:35 AM

I wonder if this is a "Spring Edition" problem, because all 3 owners are posting similar bugs. Mine works great. No problems at all.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:26 PM

How about Cold, Mild, Hot and Call the Weather Station
Old 07-12-2006, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by jwolfe99
How about Cold, Mild, Hot and Call the Weather Station
:

Folks...the problem has been solved. Thank you for your words of wisdom Julian. Good answer.

Seriously...the bottom line is to take it to the dealer until the problem has been resolved. After all, it's a new car with a manufacturers warranty, so they are obligated to fix it. If the dealer you are taking it to cannot fix the problem, I myself would take it to another dealer and have it looked at. I'm sure some people at the dealerships think this is nitpicky and don't give a rats behind about fixing the problem, but you can bet if it was in their own car, they would take the time to figure it out.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:10 PM

I have the same problem with mine. It read 75 when it was close to 100 last week. Everyone was complaining how hot it was here. I just told them my car says 75 so it is 75. I'm going to the dealer to have them look at it soon. i think it just gave up.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:49 PM

Temp off

Just noticed this on the way home from work. Close to 90 begrees here. Gauge reads 64. Thought I'd check forums and sure enough others experiencing same problem. Will this be my third dealership visit in 1 month? If anyone gets this fixed at your dealerships please post any fixes performed.

Quick Reply: Outside Thermometer