Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

In a panic!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 09:20 AM

In a panic!

I have a 2008 HHR without anti-lock brakes I changed the calipers the other day and now I'm having all kinds of electrical problems and can't figure out why I'm having these problems the car has OnStar which is one thing I wish it did not have. I'm in a panic because I make my living with this car and I can't afford to have a dealer do any work on it because that it cost too much and I know nothing about new cars. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated I'm in the Omaha area thank you very much.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
Can't help you with your issue without more info, but welcome to the site & hope your issue gets resolved.

Mike
Going going to start a post or thread about this issue and I'll have all the information hopefully I can download video of what's happening so until then I've got some chores to do until I get back to my car I'll be in touch later this afternoon thank you I'm glad I found this website
Old 07-08-2021, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member

????
You put up a quote from BlackknighT, but...........he has not been logged in here in 2 years. Is this some sort of joke or are we being trolled ?
Old 07-08-2021, 12:24 PM

I moved these 2 posts to this new thread, FMG. No trolling here...
Old 07-08-2021, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Hhmmmm, seems we have a problem after callipers were replaced or rebuilt, I’m guessing a ground wire got jiggled or the fuse box under the hood got wiggled , check for loose fuses and such .
check static voltage at the battery, it should be 12.5 volts or higher.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:21 PM

Could be a coincidence. How old is the battery?
Old 07-08-2021, 06:55 PM

Why would you want to go to a dealer for work on a 13 year old car (new?)? No warranties are that long.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:05 PM

The problem I've had since I changed the calipers and bled the brakes is now it does not want to start after it sits for a period of time I can start it if I jump start it with my charger and I made the mistake once stupid me of hooking the charger directly to the battery rather than the ground cable to the body no I don't know it is the original battery which I don't know if this is a common problem I don't have a 9 volt for my volt tester which I will get tomorrow but when it's running I'm showing 15 volts when it runs before I disconnected the battery cable and let it sit and hope so it would recode everything it was only showing about a 13.4 volt charge now after I am plugged the battery it's charging 15 so I know I have a good alternator I do need to change the serpentine belt I have just changed the spark plugs the air filter and sprayed the mass airflow sensor and changed oil to synthetic I'm going to change the transmission fluid hopefully tomorrow but this has got me more start I just tried starting the car and it would not start it'll turn over a couple times and then click click click so I believe the battery is probably dead is this a common problem when the battery goes dead on these newer cars I bought it Inova code reader I will check the voltage here in a sec see what it's showing
Old 07-09-2021, 06:37 AM
Platinum Member

Can't read. Try some sentences with periods and punctuation.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Your battery most likely has a dead cell, have it load tested , most parts palaces will test it for you!
if you left the door open or the hatch , or played the radio while you replaced the brakes, or left the key on , that could have been what killed your battery!
Dealership not required, they probably haven’t seen an HHR in 5 to 10 years!

Quick Reply: In a panic!