Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Please Help.... Again. 07' HHR LS

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 06:36 PM

Exclamation Please Help.... Again. 07' HHR LS

So as some of you know I had an issue with my HHR. after replacing the transmission the car wouldn't drive. Well That is no longer an issue. (not enough fluid, the shop where I bought the transmission said all the did was pull the drain plug. but they actually drained it dried it! so instead of 9Qts its 12.9.) So now that its driving I believe there's an electrical issue. The Stereo unit has no power, not even clock. The engine light is on for o2 sensor(bank 1) and it is shifting really hard. It give a good jerk when shifting into reverse.drive. and when driving. any ideas what type of electrical issue this could be?

I unhooked the battery and reset the car. all issues went away until a mile down the road when it all came back at once.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member

First thing. What are the code numbers?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:04 PM

I dont remember. but it was only the o2 sensor.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 PM

Doesn't the camshaft actuator solenoid also cause hard shifting in auto cars? The reason I ask is that bank one is mentioned...are there more than one o2 sensors?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 PM

Yes there are two downstream o2 sensors one at the beginning of the exhaust manifold and another after the catalytic converter (I believe)
But there are two downstream o2 sensors. I believe the "upstream" would be the Mass air flow sensor on the intake. but like i said in not 100% sure.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Deceased

Hate to say this, but read the codes again and post them up, otherwise we are shooting in the dark I'm afraid.

And going back to yesterday, are you absolutely 110% sure that this transmission is both right for the HHR, and in good operating condition.

You need to start from the beginning and go aver everything, all the connections, and look carefully at everything under the hood to make sure something like the fuse box isn't loose, or that the ground wire is off.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:04 PM

I will try to get it to the auto store and have them read the codes again. but I am fairly certain there are no issues with the transmission. It is shifting well today. and the check engine light has been off since this morning. now im left with a non-operational radio unit.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:17 PM

Sounds like the code being thrown is putting the car into limp mode thus the hard shifting. I still can not phathom why they think this is a good idea to beat up your tranny to tell you to service your car But it does sound like that is what is happening to you.

The radio is most likely not related. For that make sure that you the fuse is good and if you can see if the radio is getting power. Or just look at this as time to upgrade.