Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Remote entry issue, and water in drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:51 PM

Remote entry issue, and water in drivers side

Hello anyone who can help. I just purchased two used HHR's, Yes, 2, one for me and one for my wife. Mine is a 2006 and I have had a HUGE issue with water on the drivers side carpeting after a rain. I had it to my mechanic and we tried to look at two things, one was the drain to the sunroof, the other was the drains from windshield. All are now very clear as we blew out. Only one was clogged from the sunroof. So thought it was cleared up, until it rained tonight, and wet floor again. Dehumidifier running in the car, yep, highly allergic to mold and mildew. I need to correct this asap. I feel Chevy or the dealer I bought from should fix. I love the car though. My wife has an issue with the remote entry. It works VERY slow, and she has to hit either open or lock many times until it takes. We changed batteries to them both, and the same. Read that there could be a short issue in the remote itself, but both???
Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 AM

Use the search tool, there is lots of info on both issues on this forum. For the 2006 search for "butyl patch" if you do it yourself should cost less than $20/30 minutes. for the remote search "keyfob".

Luckily the carpeting in these cars has a closed cell foam backing, so the mold issue is not as bad as it used to be.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:45 AM

For the door locks, the fobs could be the issue as don said, but the door latches themselves have been known to stick also. So check if the car is receiving the signal.