Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Scuffed my brand-new HHR

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:45 PM

Scuffed my brand-new HHR

Hey all, first time poster here. I've had my 2010 HHR LT for only three days now, and last night while backing up to go into my driveway, my "spotter" stopped paying attention for a second and I rubbed the front bumper of the car parked behind me with my right rear corner bumper. Now there's a small scuff and a few scratches on the clear coat. Is this something that I can easily fix? It's not super noticeable, but I know it's there and I want to keep this baby super clean.

I have to say, so far I'm LOVING the car. Plus this is a great website, love reading all the forums.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:49 PM

Try a buffer and some cleaner wax. If it's not bad, that should clean up at least most of it. You can also do it by hand.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:08 PM

I'd try by hand first, cleaner wax or a very fine polish. A buffer can build up heat quickly if you're not careful and that can damage the clear coat even without using a compound. If you do use a buffer keep the wheel speed low, watch out for any edges.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 PM

Welcome to the site.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
ecl

Try this stuff call scratch out, I think its great and has got alot of fine scratches of my car and all the rentals at work.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:07 PM

Angry Problems......

Yesterday My little red baby died an electrical death. I tried to start it and not only would it not start, but I couldn't get the key out of the ignition. The dealer said that the battery was dead (Texas temperatures?). I got a call today and was told that the battery had been rechared, but the steering column was defunct!? I noticed on the history that it already had had the column replaced before it was even delivered!! Aside from this, I and my family love the thing. Can't wait to get her back.

09 Victory Red, running boards, 4 tail lights, Chevy script on the passenger's dash, black Chevrolet on the grill, stubby antenna, de badged, auto dimming/compass mirror.
Modified SS grill back in the garage for further adjustment.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by shazammy
Hey all, first time poster here. I've had my 2010 HHR LT for only three days now, and last night while backing up to go into my driveway, my "spotter" stopped paying attention for a second and I rubbed the front bumper of the car parked behind me with my right rear corner bumper. Now there's a small scuff and a few scratches on the clear coat. Is this something that I can easily fix? It's not super noticeable, but I know it's there and I want to keep this baby super clean.

I have to say, so far I'm LOVING the car. Plus this is a great website, love reading all the forums.
Well not that you've christened it.. You can relax & enjoy it more..

If you can feel the scratches depth, get some touch up paint @ the Dealer
Fill the scratches & then rub it out, & polish..
Old 07-29-2010, 11:05 PM

Character Marks. Consider yourself lucky! I waited a whole year before having some violins drop out the rear hatch and scuff up the bumper/Boy was i pissed. Still waiting on that 1st dent. I park it in the furthest away spot away from trees, kids, shopping carts, etc. After the 1st dent, I'll be able to get into the store in a reasonable amount of time!

Jim
Old 07-30-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Well not that you've christened it.. You can relax & enjoy it more..

If you can feel the scratches depth, get some touch up paint @ the Dealer
Fill the scratches & then rub it out, & polish..

X2... Whatever you do don't take it to a body shop. Hharry went in for a simple door ding repair and left in flames!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:37 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 39
Size:  38.2 KB

Sorry to hear of your little mishap.

Originally Posted by sleeper
Well not that you've christened it.
Not the way I Christened my HHR!

Quick Reply: Scuffed my brand-new HHR