Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Sunroof rattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN
A test is to take your hand with the sun roof closed, And apply a bit of presure up , If there is play and you can raise it just slightly , You've got issues, You should not be abble to move it when its closed.
Geez, really? My sunroof pops up a little when you shut the door....

Oh, and it does rattle. Had the bracket tightened a month ago for a rattle, but now it's rattling again....
Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 PM

where do u tighten the braket at? or does anyone have a diagram of it??
Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Mine's covered. I will add this to my list of replace this sh*t it rattles items. I also have the beauty bar dimples from the 235th time adjusting the hatch strikers and opening/closing the hatch a bazillion times. Im on a mission to rid this thing of rattles.
good luck with that.....i would have to tear my car all apart to do that.....inside rattles alot...suspension rattles....even the motor rattles cause the mounts on the airbox broke cause of heat and u can hear it rattling sometimes
Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 PM

The dealer did the bracket, so not sure how to do it...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by chevym84
i've tried searching and all i could find is headliner rattle......i have an 06 spring edition and when i go over bumps the sunroof rattles terrible. I can push up on the sunroof and it stops(this happens when the sunroof is tilted open or fully shut). So what im asking is if anyone had this problem and is there bolts or an adjustment to fix this? Thanks in advance.
i am having same problems will take to dealer see what they say.min is same year and specs
Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM

I had a rattle in the sunroof area and it was the velcro that holds the liner in place. The liner was simply unvelcroed from the patch. I pressed it back in place and no rattle.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM

I did try that with mine (pushing the headliner back up, and turning it so the velcro turns) and it seems to have helped from now....

Funny story about the dealer and my sunroof and brakes... But I don't want to go there. Just don't go to Suski Chevrolet in Birch Run.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM

Sunroof rattle

The screws to tighten the sunroof on are on the sides of the sunroof covered by the black louver you can see when you vent the sunroof. The louvers are very easy to remove they just snap off. Then you will see the screws. You need a torx head to tighten these. Also this is why the sunroof wind blocker breakes because these become loose over time and then the sunroof rails are too low and break the clip. I figure it out after mine broke. So if your wind blocker has not broke you may want to check these asap.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the info! Really worth checking out!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 01:32 PM

I have a 2007 & had the sunroof serviced too many times. I even had the sunroof replaced because what ever is rattleing was scratching the glass. I finally put some pressure on the manager and she gave me a print out from 2009 stating that the rattle comes from the rivets in the headliner bracket. They said you have to drop the headliner and put some flashing tape or something to fix it. They knew this when they replaced the sunroof, but will not try to repair it again without charging me. What an oversite because it was under warrenty. It still rattles, sometimes will not close and they want me to pay to fix it. I just put a rubber door stopper in it and turn up my CD... Anyone have any other solutions or suggestions?

Quick Reply: Sunroof rattle