Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Sync tire pressure system

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 02:42 PM

Hi;
Thanks for responding.
Yep, tried all that except checking the fuse. Horn works, key fob locks and unlocks the doors. Turn signals work. Haven't tried disconnecting the battery yet but will. Don't have remote start. Don't know if the ACC position works for accessories, but it didn't work for the reset signal just as ignition on doesn't work. I also tried two different key fobs that work everything else with no luck.
Rich
Old 04-09-2023, 03:29 PM

Are they aftermarket fobs or Genuine GM?
Old 04-09-2023, 03:55 PM

I think RJ had a problem with a noname fob that worked for everything but the TPMS.
What has changed since the last time it was working?
Old 04-09-2023, 04:44 PM

Wasn't me, I've never tried TPMS. But there was someone who had an aftermarket fob that wouldn't access TPMS.
Old 04-10-2023, 05:39 PM

Hello - it gets more weird...

Today I tried disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes. Still can't get the car to go into reset mode. However, not one of the tires now show a reading. All four wheels show the ---- pressure. A little history: I have only owned the car for a few months. When I got it, all four tire pressures would display. Then the right front didn't register anymore and the reset notice kept coming up. So I replaced the right front unit. Then both right side tires would not show a pressure, just the ---display. The two left side tires showed pressure. After disconnecting the negative cable, it still wouldn't go into reset mode but none of the tires registered. However, the reset notice didn't come up. Weird. Guess I will just check the tires once a month like in the old days. I can live with that. Still, any suggestions would be appreciated. I'd like to have the thing working.
Thanks.
Rich
Old 04-10-2023, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

Maybe you should take it to your local tire store and let them try. It may be something simple that they’ve seen before.
Old 04-10-2023, 07:56 PM

After the battery lobotomy you need to drive a mile or so before the TPMS will read. They go to sleep until they roll a bit.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:19 AM

Hi.
Okay. Will try that.
Thanks.
Rich
Old 04-11-2023, 01:33 PM

Hello;

Remember that the problem is that the car won't go into sync mode. After disconnecting and reconnecting the negative battery cable and driving the car on two trips, the sync system notification reappeared. It shows pressure on the two left tires and shows ----- on the two right tires. I tried two different key fobs to no avail. The disconnect trick didn't work.
I had the right front sensor replaced at a tire shop and they couldn't get it to work either. But that was one shop and one technician.
Other than taking it to the dealer, any additional suggestions?
Thanks.
Rich
Old 04-11-2023, 02:10 PM

Has your battery been dead or removed since the last time it worked? Genuine GM fobs or after market Chinese?
Are the working sensors the old or the new?
Has the RCDLR been replaced? Maybe somebody got a used 2008 part.
Only 1 fix then ; GM replace and reprogram RCDLR. maybe only reprogram.

Quick Reply: Sync tire pressure system