Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

UGH! Code U2137/Our HHR!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 03:21 PM

Question UGH! Code U2137/Our HHR!!

We just now finally heard back from the dealership (we finally decided to just have it towed there yesterday afternoon), and apparently the problem with our 2006 HHR LS has come up as a U2137, which read out "no communication with the theft module" ~ has anyone heard of this with an HHR recently?!
The dealership auto mechanic said he's never dealt with that code, personally, on an HHR in the past, when I asked him. I'm very fed up at this point with our particular HHR, it really seems as though it's had very off-the-wall problems (for the low mileage we had at the time of repair last year) that we've never had with a GM car in the past,
I realize all cars have their different situations, and quirks, but this has been too much too soon. We only have had this car (yes it came used with approx. 20K miles I think) for less than two years, and already late last year had to install brand new Power Steering column, for $1K, a brand new shift console (think that's what it's called) for $700, and another repair that our regular mechanic had to do for another $350 (two parts in front, my hubby would know lol!) and now THIS repair which will cost $500!
If anyone has had this happen (THE CURRENT repair for the theft module), please share and post here ~ I wish I knew if there was any sort of RECALL for this item.....~sigh~! At this point it looks like we may need to trade this HHR in for another car, we can't keep pouring $$ into it especially since we just put our house up for sale TIA for any help!!

ETA: Hoping someone might know, is it possible to check on the Lemon Law for our 2006 HHR LS (We have receipts for all the repairs over the past 19 months)? How would we go about it? Thanks for any help! :)

Last edited by HHRNewbie; 07-13-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member

I'm not sure the lemon law covers a used vehicle....especially when acquired with 20,000 miles already on the car.

You might want to check what the state of Ohio has for a lemon law. Many states have different requirements...... although basically similar.

Good luck. Other members will also add their own circumstances and advise.

EDIT>>>>I went back and reviewed your previous posts. Based on those, and I REALLY hate to say this, you MAY have purchased one of the dogs, lemons, problem vehicles for the introduction year. The first owner probably dumped it. Sorry, I know this comment doesn't help with your current problem.

Last edited by Snoopy; 07-13-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:19 PM

Ugh thanks Snoopy for your thoughts!
So far our dealership is doing next to nothing for us,
big surprise. We have little faith GM will stand behind their
product as well- will be contacting them soon.
If anyone else has had this 'No Communication With The Anti-Theft
Deterrent' problem with their 2006 HHR, we'd love to hear about it!
So far our '06 HHR has broken down on us 3 times in a period of 6 months (problems started last November), we've never had a car that had so
many mechanical breakdowns with it being relatively a 'young' model
(could see if it were a 2003, for example, not that there is such a thing for
HHR!!)!! Thanks y'all for reading my post!!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:44 PM

The only lemon law I know of would be for a new vehicle and it has to be for the same problem 3 times. Don't know where you bought it but, hindsight being 20/20, you should have bought an extended warranty. You could check into it's history to see if it might be a flood damaged vehicle which are illegal to sell without disclosing it in most states. You might find that it had more than 20K miles. A GM dealer should be able to give you a service and warranty record. Your state should provide the previous owner's name. If somebody did alter the miles, you might get money from them.

I know one man who bought a used truck and when he had some brake work done on it, when they used the VIN number to order parts, it came up as a 2 wheel drive when the vehicle was a 4 wheel drive. He had the police check it and found that the truck was stolen and they took it. He had to sue the guy he bought it from but that guy ended up in prison.