Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Water leaks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by TXLeXTC
Mine did this a few weeks ago, but I couldnt nail down the source, nor reproduce it. Even when washing, no issues. Mine seemed to be a leak in the firewall area, but until it reappears, not much that can be done.
Driver or pass? If it's on the driver side (TX), check the rubber grommet near the steering column. A few were seated improperly and have been reported as leaking.

Hope it helps,
Old 04-11-2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Driver or pass? If it's on the driver side (TX), check the rubber grommet near the steering column. A few were seated improperly and have been reported as leaking.

Hope it helps,
Pass.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:27 AM

Thanx everyone I'll just keep taking it back I guess, I hope it stops otherwise it is a LEMON. and time for a New one.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by crowbar
someone on here has had that problem i cant remember who, the capt knows something about some plugs somewhere.
That might have been me. I had a hell of time getting my leak fixed. Problem area, driver side along the bottom of the door. Dealer said several things during a couple of trips and leaving it for several days. It's finally fixed, but the dealer can't tell me what it was for sure....hhmmm prob a condensate box drain line of something simple and they didn't want to embarass themselves. good luck with the new ride.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:26 PM

Water leaks

We've had rain for over a week now and I only had the leak one time. I don't know why it hasn't come back yet....but I'm sure it will
Old 05-29-2006, 02:43 PM

Angry Water leak

Mine had the same problem too. The dealership said it was the heater core that leaked when it rained. Thought it was fixed, but we haven't had rain here in Texas until yesterday am. Guess what?? Water in the passenger floorboard again. At least it wasn't as deep as the first time. So it will be back to the dealership again.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:38 PM

Talking

i had the smae problem but only recently with in the last month i think its the weatherstriping also it snaps in on the outside then it seals to the car with double sided tape well its hot here and the double side tape is not sticking anymore. for now i but silcone down the channel to keep it from leaking, after it dryed i turned the hose lose and no water inside for now it well rain her in the next couple of days so well sell and when i get a chance i'll replace the tape with something a little be stronger
Old 06-27-2006, 02:44 PM

I got this problem too. It goes to dealer tomorrow. We have had monsoon season here and the HHR was parked all day yesterday. Only thing i am worried about is Mold/mildew. oh, and i worry that they may make the car a lemon like o6hhrlt2's car..
Old 06-29-2006, 04:50 PM

Rain !! What's that? We might have leaks too, but we may never find out!!
Old 07-02-2006, 02:22 PM

Flooded passenger floorboard

Yup, it rained hard last week and yeterday I went out and found the front passenger side floorboard was filled with water.
I noticed something in the sticky section.
Anybody got any comments about this?

Quick Reply: Water leaks?