Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Wear/OpenBubbles above the radio unit! (With Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:31 PM

Question Wear/OpenBubbles above the radio unit! (With Pictures)

Hello Everyone,

I am a proud owner of a golden HHR LT 06 since three weeks now. I am very happy with that car - I am sure like you guys

But now I need your help. Near the passenger airbig sign (check pictures), I have discovered some strange wear. I don't know how to describe that.
Does anyone know something about this problem? My car is now 1,5years old. I think, such a new car should not show something like that. What should I do? Is there an easy way to fix that?

Thank you very much!

Dvalin

Old 09-19-2007, 12:36 PM

I assume there is still warranty left on it, so take it to a dealer.

You should not see that kind of wear on such a new vehicle.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:38 PM

I may be wrong but it looks like that entire centre stack piece has been painted.

I had a similar problem when I painted mine and that was because of bad prep and poor paint adhesion. I went back and sanded a few of the areas that were bubbling and peeling, primed the area and then painted again and life was good.

It looks like this could be a similar problem.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
I may be wrong but it looks like that entire centre stack piece has been painted.
Definately has been painted. Looks like who ever did the job was trying to see if any/all pieces could be just popped out. Can you say "HATCHET.....er SCREWDRIVER JOB"

Do you have any info on previous owner?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned

They look like scratches in the plastic to me. I have quite a few myself. There is no way to really "fix" them that I know of other than replacing the scratched pieces with brand new ones. I do know how make them less visible though. Remove the gouged out plastic to the best of your ability and use vinyl protector to kind of blend them in.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
I assume there is still warranty left on it, so take it to a dealer.

You should not see that kind of wear on such a new vehicle.
The car is 1,5years old and has 44kmi. So I am not sure if there is any warranty left by Chevy. What do you think? But it could be worth a try...

Originally Posted by jx3
Definately has been painted. Looks like who ever did the job was trying to see if any/all pieces could be just popped out. Can you say "HATCHET.....er SCREWDRIVER JOB"

Do you have any info on previous owner?
Why should somebody paint that thing? Do you think that was made after the delivery of the car?

I only know that a privat person drove that car for 1,4years and 44kmi.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
They look like scratches in the plastic to me. I have quite a few myself. There is no way to really "fix" them that I know of other than replacing the scratched pieces with brand new ones. I know how to do is make them less visible though. Remove the gouged out plastic to the best of your ability and use vinyl protector to kind of blend them in.
I don't think these things are scratches. It looks like something developed under the "paint" and created a bubble that cracked after sometime.

I uploaded a larger version of the wear - so you can zoom in and have a closer look:
http://www.abianajones03.de/hue/HHR1l.jpg
Old 09-19-2007, 12:59 PM

doesn't the center stack usually match the color of the radio? and not the upper trim color? Definatly looks like paint.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dvalin
The car is 1,5years old and has 44kmi. So I am not sure if there is any warranty left by Chevy. What do you think? But it could be worth a try...
06 models have a 36,000 mile bumper to bumper so I would think a warranty claim is out of the question.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:01 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by dvalin
Why should somebody paint that thing? Do you think that was made after the delivery of the car?
To personalize it! Here's what I did with Dory's interior.

Quick Reply: Wear/OpenBubbles above the radio unit! (With Pictures)