Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

What finally fixed your P2135 code?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 10:46 PM

Arrived back from the trip this morning. Up to 194,000+ miles now. Still haven't changed the belt but I'll put it on the list of things to acquire. I've got another trip coming up in about a month that will be over 2000 miles. Will probably replace a worn tire prior to that trip as well. No 2135 codes for a very long time now. (which I'm happy for)
Old 09-23-2016, 09:07 PM

Racked up another 2500 miles on this last trip to CT, MA, PA and NC. Went through a lot of other states but didn't have a reason to be in them other than they were in the way. Still haven't put a belt on it. Did have a tire go down in the middle of the night (defective tire leaking from belt separation). Car ran well, no codes. Over 197,000 miles on it now.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:00 PM

bought 06 hhr had hhr for about 9 hrs, REDUCED POWER MODE happened, limped back to dealer, they started tearing it apart, new throttle bodies new this new that.. could not fix. dealer (small) sent it to chevy dealer (big) in town (on their dime) now another week there, they cannot fix. color me not happy ....was told to "pick another car off the lot"

no, try to fix again. dealership tries, fails, I hand over my notes I found online, helps a tiny bit. finally they call GM proper in michigan.

GM techs remote link it. Problem fixed in 5 minutes.

it is a flood error... but the MAIN culprit that starts it all is a single little wire than runs from the Trans down below and snakes up the trans and over the motor til it reaches the throttle body area

along the way theres a tiny u turn the wire takes as it goes over the casting edges, GM installed a small hard clip there to keep it safe but it doesn't work.. said wire will rub raw slowly and then you get a low voltage setting which in turns triggers the throttle body the throttle position sensor and so on.

a simple snip and recouple and re wrap protectively and it was fixed. 5 minutes. done, Ive put on 31,000 mi since and not a ... (im not going to jinx it. lol)

I do get stupid check engines from hitting potholes. they clear sometimes but . its annoying.. anyone know whay thats failing? car still runs ok.. Id have to re OBD it to get the code.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Get the codes their stored in the computer, probably loose wires, dirty grinds the fuse box is loose
Old 07-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Technical Moderator

I guess nobody knows how to check TSBs.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
I guess nobody knows how to check TSBs.
Do you still have the picture (chaff.gif) from your TSB post? I assume it shows the location of wear in the harness.
Id like to know in case it becomes a problem, but Ive only had TPS codes twice in almost ten years of ownership (wow has it really been that long?) but always went away after a day or two.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Do you still have the picture (chaff.gif) from your TSB post? I assume it shows the location of wear in the harness.
Id like to know in case it becomes a problem, but Ive only had TPS codes twice in almost ten years of ownership (wow has it really been that long?) but always went away after a day or two.
It's in the TSB thread https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...e3/#post345310

Old 07-12-2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
Thanks!
Old 12-27-2020, 10:07 PM

P2135 Code

[QUOTE=63falcondriver;807183]This 2135 problem hasn't shown up for a long time now. It never was related to any "parts" but seemed to be continuity issues in the harness itself.
I'm over 190,000 miles now and it hasn't gone into limp mode for the past 50,000 miles.
This car has required very few repairs, especially considering how many miles are on it. I'm thinking about changing the spark plugs as they have at least 100,000 miles on them and that's assuming they replaced them when the cylinder head got changed, but I don't know that. Mostly just oil changes, tires and brakes.[/

I bought the Sierra 2500HD truck new in 2003 and the first time I got the 2135 code was in 2014. Over the next 6 years I would get the same code and some other related codes. I replaced the throttle body 2 times, the TPS 4 times, pedal 2 times, TAC 1 time, new pigtail 1 time and ECM 1 time. The 2135 code would come and go, sometimes it wouldn't show up for a year. I have a little over 200,000 miles on it and use it now as my ranch truck. This week the 2135 code came back. I decided to closely inspect the wiring in the fuse box for the third time. This time I noticed a tiny speck on a grey wire. I used a 10x magnifier and could see some corrosion. This wire comes from the TAC and goes under the fuse block to the Throttle Body. I decided to repair this wire. With the engine running I cut the wire and the truck went into limp mode and threw 2135, 1515 and 0220 codes. I have seen these codes many times over the years. I turned the truck off and disconnected the battery. I started stripping the insulation on the grey wire. The copper was black and rotten for several inches from the cut. I could not make a good splice because the copper was rotten. The grey wire looked fine on the outside except for the little speck. My guess is that other wires are probably in the same condition or are going to be that way soon.

I did some reading and learned that in early 2000 GM and other car manfacturers started using soy based wiring. This wire is suppose to be environmentaly friendly and decomposes. It is also cheaper which is probably why they really use it. I also learned that the wiring is now designed for a 10 year life, unlike older vehicles. Since my truck is still useful around the ranch I decided to go ahead and order a complete new engine wiring harness from GM, part #15192304. I should receive it next week. I will report back whether or not this corrects the 2135 and other related codes.

Last edited by George Varshock; 12-27-2020 at 10:19 PM. Reason: I think the grey wire may go to the Throttle Body first. It is hard to trace without taking the harness apart. When I take the old harness off I will confirm.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member

George Varshock
Not sure why you're posting about a Chevy truck which has a completely different engine, body and wiring than the HHR's.
No need to report back here because your issue is not related to this forum.

Quick Reply: What finally fixed your P2135 code?