Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Ever watch that show PINKS on speed??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:46 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by CrashMan82
They should let 2 impartial drivers do the first run with each car... to get a 'legit' baseline.
Either that, or some on board monitoring equipment.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
The "competitors" are each asked to bring cars that run a similar time. Not all comply w/ what is asked. Why should someone risk losing their ride if they know they are going to be 2 seconds slower and not have advantage?
Pinks is a somewhat scripted/fake show.

It has been reported that guys that lose their buy 'em back for about $100 (off camera, of course)

But to me, Pinks is just like a lot of the other crap shows that SPEED has these days. When it was SpeedVision, it was my first stop when I turned on the TV. Now I rarely watch it.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:38 PM

I agree , Speedvision programming was better. Now its Street Bikes.Tuners and Nascar. With an ocasional Monster truck thrown in. I too do not watch it much anymore. Pinks is lame and mostly boring to watch (it does look scripted). Believe it or not the same people have some kind of show on there now where they race motorcycles and switch to atvs during the race. It makes Pinks look good. I have sport Atv's and it couldn't hold my interest for more than 5 minutes. TLC and ESPN 2 have the better gearhead shows. Is the Foose show coming back with new episodes soon? If they do it would be nice to drop the whole scam thing and just show up and say where taking your car you can see it in a week.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:52 PM

American Hot Rod :twothumbs
Old 09-20-2007, 01:34 PM

BULL RUN!!! That's my fav

I watched Pinks a few times. The first time it seemed a little shifty. Second time I was sure it was a fake.

I liked that series DRIVE that they took off the air.

LOVE the one where they redo those huge trailer-hauler-trucks for people...what a hoot!

I like the reality shows where they center more on the work they're doing than the drama surrounding the crew. My 2 cents...
Old 09-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Anyone see Top Gear on BBCamerica?
Not a lot of American cars but its entertaining. Some of the the projects they take on are hilarious.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by hhr/49suburban
American Hot Rod :twothumbs
I like AHR, but can only take so much of Dwayne. That guy just irks me

Overhaulin' is pretty cool. The best one I have seen is the one where they "stole" John Force's school bus and redid it.

Top Gear is pretty good too. We get it on BBC World up here. Jeremy is a hoot.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:01 PM

The best thing speed does all year is the Barret Jackson Auction... Since I don't get speed at my house I go over to moms and now I got them hooked on the Barret Jackson... At first mom was glade you came over every niht this week we like seeinf you and the kids... then she caught on when I asked if i could tape something on her tv one night when I could n't come over <<<BUSTED>>> Some day Im gonna go to it and see it live... I love auctions and I love cool cars soo it would be sorta a dream vaction... downside... can't afford the cars and the admissions fee is high enough to keep out cheap skates like me.. But some day!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:35 PM

Deb and I have seen the show a few times, nether of us really care for it. Racing for pink slips goes way back, part of the risk involved was the unknown factor of what you were up against. Sleeper as we all know look and sound stock but were well tuned monsters waiting to eat the competition. It was more like high stakes poker, I understand the controlled conditions in filming it at a drag strip. But if they really want to make it interesting they should just resort to heads up drag racing, let those who want to compete boast and flaunt there rides. Then cry over spilt milk when they lose their car in the poker game when they can't put their money where their mouth is.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:44 PM

I Like Speed channel still. I could do without the thousands of hours of NASCAR crap ( how many shows can you run that all talk about the same thing ). The american Le Mans series is fantastic, F1 and Barrett Jackson are great as well. During the week its all monster trucks, PINKS, and Superbikes - not really my thing. Every once in a while Victory by design and American Muscle car come on, but not nearly often enough. BTW Top Gear is one of my all time favorites

Quick Reply: Ever watch that show PINKS on speed??