General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How many of you out there do this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 03:46 PM

I do raise the arm rest to secure the seat belt.

I drive with my arm on the passenger side arm rest only when I'm trying to bug my daughter (she claims the rights to "her" arm rest).

I don't know where the rear window wiper switch is.....I don't have a cell phone. Never use the rear wiper.

I shut my rear hatch slowly so that the license plate doesn't rattle and YELL at everybody everytime they shut the hatch and make the license plate rattle.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member

Armrests ? Mine didn't come with them. I knew that when I bought a 5 speed.
Cell phone stays in my pants pocket. That's what Bluetooth is for.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:09 AM

On the windshield washer for tailgaters thing:

Please be sure you are in the correct lane first. If you are in the left lane and you are not passing at speed, you are in the wrong lane and have no business getting mad at someone riding your ass. I am sure there are not many like that here, right?

That said, I wish the rear washer used a different reservoir so I could aim the nozzle straight back and fill it with Hershey's syrup!
Old 11-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Casa Del Gatos
On the windshield washer for tailgaters thing:

Please be sure you are in the correct lane first. If you are in the left lane and you are not passing at speed, you are in the wrong lane and have no business getting mad at someone riding your ass. I am sure there are not many like that here, right?

That said, I wish the rear washer used a different reservoir so I could aim the nozzle straight back and fill it with Hershey's syrup!
Hmmm. That could be your 1st mod on the new SS. Separate pump/reservoir for the back washer.
But be careful of inciting "road rage" from the tailgater. Remember, a lot of folks in Alabama are "packing".
Old 11-04-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Hmmm. That could be your 1st mod on the new SS. Separate pump/reservoir for the back washer.
Seriously, if I can get this damn deal done, I don't expect to have many people behind me ... for long!
I plan to drive it like my Mustang. When I am driving that Cali Special, I only see cars in my rear view briefly.

(And yeah, my Walther PPQ M1 is beside me. Just in case. You know there is some crazy stuff happening out there lately!)
Old 11-06-2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by DentedHHR
I do raise the arm rest to secure the seat belt.

I shut my rear hatch slowly so that the license plate doesn't rattle and YELL at everybody everytime they shut the hatch and make the license plate rattle.
That may be the best solution for a rattling license plate that I've heard!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:15 PM

I just pull the fuse on the rear wiper.

Using it after the rear is dirty only grinds the grit into the rear glass and can scratch it permanently.

In purchasing 10 different HHR's if found that half of them were missing the rear License rubber bumpers. I think they stick to the old license and pull out when removed.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox

In purchasing 10 different HHR's if found that half of them were missing the rear License rubber bumpers. I think they stick to the old license and pull out when removed.
This is interesting.
Went on GM Parts Direct but can't get the right wording to find them.
Might have to go to Ace Hardware as they have all sorts of random bolts/nuts and what not in one isle of the store. Maybe find rubber bumpers that could work.
Edit:
Well I did find this web site
http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Rub...pers_s/162.htm
Old 11-06-2017, 12:32 PM

I have a license plate cover that slaps against my plate every time I close the hatch and sounds like a gunshot LOL
Old 11-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member

I remember tackling the noisy license plate issue before. Honestly, I don't recall what I used under there but it was some sort of thick rubber plug material. Found the stuff in my spare junk.
Drilled some very small holes in the license plate and used two tiny stainless screws.
Hmm. Need to update my avatar.

Quick Reply: How many of you out there do this?