Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Is anyone home here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned

Is anyone home here?

Is anyone who runs this site at home? I had to setup a hotmail email address as I have tried many times to change my email address to my real one and have never received a confermation. I tried again a while ago and changed it to my real email address but never received a email to confirm it. So I put it back to the hotmail account and 30 sec. later had the confirm email in hand. They do this so they have a real email account for each member but here I am using one I will never monitor when I would like it set to my real one. I have private messaged to the web person a number of times but am just wasting my time it looks like. Anyone have any pull.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:46 PM

The site administrator around here...ha funny never when you need him and never answers your questions. Hopefully one of the site moderators (hillsdale or SindyDix) maybe on line and might be able to help you. They also nice and sincere in their efforts to help out whenever they can

Good luck,
Old 08-29-2008, 01:11 PM

was this all done today?
Old 08-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Banned

Yes today and a couple times in the past couple months or so including the first day I signed up. For some reason it doesn't send me a comfirm to my comcast.net account. So for now it is back to the hotmail one. I just would like to get emails for posts etc. that I make or monitor.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Founding Member

Well you posted this thread in a location that will certainly catch someones attention.

My son never received an email when he tried to join the site using 3 different email addresses. He used mine and the email came instantly. He tried his home email from Roadrunner, his AOL email and his google email. He also never received an answer from admin over a 10 day period. Sindy and Hillsdale can only do so much, but getting you hooked into the site is not something under their control. I wonder how many people have gotten so frustrated that they just gave up.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:42 PM

ChevyMgr,

Word up!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by bigdog9586
Is anyone who runs this site at home?
Unfortunately, there are only 2 active moderators on this site. As far as the confirmation for changing the e-mail, I have no idea and only the site admin would be able to help you with that. As for getting e-mail notification for threads you posted in etc. Go to "User CP" and click "Edit Options". Scroll down to:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

You can then choose between these options:
Do not subscribe
No email notification
Instant email notification
Daily email notification
Weekly email notification

Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:01 PM

I went a week without getting a confirmation when I first joined. I tried several times and even emailed the admin for help. Then I got the idea to try signing up using IE instead of Firefox. Worked within seconds, same email addy.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:28 PM

......For some reason it doesn't send me a comfirm to my comcast.net account. So for now it is back to the hotmail one.....
This also happened to me when I joined. Like you said, I just used my "hotmail" account. No big deal.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Founding Member

Thanks gang for your input. It was requested a long while ago when the server transition was made any troubles ya'll may be having. This is one that seems to be haunting us!
Keep giving the input, this way the site Administrator will know about it and find a solution/resolution for the problem(s).

Thanks for your support guys/gals! We Moderators do try!

Quick Reply: Is anyone home here?