Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Is anyone home here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned

What good does it do to have it send me emails if it can't send them to the email account I want. So like I said in my orginal post back to square one. I guess all I can be is a reader and not take part as I don't want to have to check my hotmail account all the time. I have 3 accounts I have to check now for home and work and I don't need another one. Sounds like I'm not the only one with this problem so that means there are just less of us to contribute to this forum. For example I posted my new gauge cluster when they first came out and a number of members liked it so much they ordered. I guess whoever the yahoo is that runs this site should give it up and let someone else do it. I sure hope he isn't one of the ones who advertises HHR stuff here as if he is I sure wouldn't buy from him as I'd be lucky to get my order.
===================
Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Unfortunately, there are only 2 active moderators on this site. As far as the confirmation for changing the e-mail, I have no idea and only the site admin would be able to help you with that. As for getting e-mail notification for threads you posted in etc. Go to "User CP" and click "Edit Options". Scroll down to:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

You can then choose between these options:
Do not subscribe
No email notification
Instant email notification
Daily email notification
Weekly email notification

Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Founding Member

bigdog9586, The site administrator may have to make an edit in your user account profile to fix the problem in your case. He's made some manual edits on other cases and it has helped.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 PM

My personal email account is pretty irrelevant really. It only comes into play when I get a PM or am subbed to a thread and I get an update on it--it will go to that email account telling me there is a response of someone sent me a PM on the forum. Other then that, it isn't an issue.

So if you're like me and use a 'throw-away' account (hotmail is good for that), just check it when you need to but know it is not really used other then to sign up and any PM's or whatever show up when you sign on anyhow.

just my dos centavos...

@
Old 08-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

Does this person really exist? I a long with others it seems doubt it.
=====================
Originally Posted by SindyDix
Thanks gang for your input. It was requested a long while ago when the server transition was made any troubles ya'll may be having. This is one that seems to be haunting us!
Keep giving the input, this way the site Administrator will know about it and find a solution/resolution for the problem(s).

Thanks for your support guys/gals! We Moderators do try!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Founding Member

Yep, he's around. Kinda like God, ya can't see him but you know he's here!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Banned

Angry Well, Still no one home here

I'm reposting this as our fearless leader is gone to the who knows where.
Why don't he just give up this and let someone who cares run this site. He is doing a great disservice to us the members. Anyway here is my post before it was buried who knows where.

Is anyone who runs this site at home? I had to setup a hotmail email address as I have tried many times to change my email address to my real one and have never received a confermation. I tried again a while ago and changed it to my real email address but never received a email to confirm it. So I put it back to the hotmail account and 30 sec. later had the confirm email in hand. They do this so they have a real email account for each member but here I am using one I will never monitor when I would like it set to my real one. I have private messaged to the web person a number of times but am just wasting my time it looks like. Anyone have any pull.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by bigdog9586
I'm reposting this as our fearless leader is gone to the who knows where.
Why don't he just give up this and let someone who cares run this site. He is doing a great disservice to us the members. Anyway here is my post before it was buried who knows where.
sig -->
Your thead was moved to the appropriate forum section and was buried in the same way any other thread would be buried. It can be easily searched for using the search function or by clicking on your profile and searching for posts that you had made.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:40 PM

I must also state that getting set up was frustrating for me too.

I e-mailed many, many times after not receiving a confirmation e-mail trying to get my account setup-to no avail-never a response was given. No confirmation e-mail ever came, but if you try to register again, the site said the e-mail addy was already used. So I pulled an old addy out and used it and finally got set up.

Mine was Comcast also, don't know if that is a problem. But, I check all screened mail with Comcast before deletion, but nothing ever showed up, so I assume a confirmation e-mail was never sent.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Founding Member

This thread is an important read!

If you are not receiving emails from chevyhhr.net:

Bounce backed mails mean your not going to get what was sent.

Originally Posted by JonyyB
Add chevyhhr.net to your address book or email safe list.
Most email providers or spam-filtering software programs give you the option to add companies to an email safe list or address book. Check with your email provider to see what steps you can take to make sure you receive messages originating from chevyhhr.net in the future.

Check your spam or bulk email folder.
Email from chevyhhr.net may have accidentally arrived in your spam or bulk email folder instead of your inbox, depending on the settings of your email program (Outlook, Eudora, etc.) or email provider (AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.).
Old 09-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
ChevyMgr,

Word up!
♫♫Tell your brother, your sister and your mamma too
we're about to go down..♫ ♫

Quick Reply: Is anyone home here?