Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Dang what happened to the forum?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by AJochum
Not hearing from JonyyB, hope you're not Mad, Mod, that would be Sad.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
Got nervous too. Emailed a few of the members and they thought to forum was a goner. I had wanted to become a Premium Member but this site only takes Paypal. Not using credit cards (unless emergency) and was will to send a US Postal Money Order but was told no. I think more people would join up if it didn't involve credit transactions.
You can use a credit card. When you click the button that says pay with Paypal a screen will appear and there is a credit card option.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
You can use a credit card. When you click the button that says pay with Paypal a screen will appear and there is a credit card option.
I think his point was, he does NOT want to use a credit card.

Wants to pay by US Postal Money Order or even a Check, but NOT use his credit card to pay.

Don't blame him at all for that.

I use my credit/debit card to buy online, but my card Automatically takes the Full amount out of my checking account at time of sale. So I Never see a monthly credit card bill. Or pay interest on it either.

Too easy to get behind as so many do, and just paying the Minimum amount due and paying all kinds of Interest is Crazy.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:00 PM

I personally think that before anyone makes a payment for a premium membership, there should be an explanation of what happened for the past couple of days, and some assurances given that the site will remain open and viable. If you recall with one of the "other" HHR sites, everyone that paid their dues or joined got screwed out of their money. One day the site was open, the next day it was shut down with nowhere to go for help.

I have been a premium member for two or three years here, but no one from the administration ever even replied to my question I had about being approached by an HHR site that wanted me to spend $2.99, $5.99 or $19.95 a month. I thought it might be from our ChevyHHr.net and run through this HHR Grou.ps or something like that. I figured if they don't care about my genuine concerns, then I'll go standard membership like most.

On the other hand, it would be nice to receive a "state of the union" letter from JonnyB telling us of the financial condition, and encouraging us to join up.

I get the feeling no one really cares anymore.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:11 PM

In all honesty, I've never got that impression. I highly doubt I will renew my premium membership when it is up this February.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:12 PM

Glad it back up and running. Thought it was over.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
In all honesty, I've never got that impression. I highly doubt I will renew my premium membership when it is up this February.
I completely understand what you are saying about the premium membership. However, if no one pays the $10 for a premium membership, then how will it survive? Advertising is probably just a small part of it. $10 times a lot of members equals big bucks and allows the site to stay alive.

If it was my site, I would certainly be communicating with the group what the membership fee goes towards.

With regards to my comment "nobody cares" - yes, Chevy Mgr is great, and he has done wonderful things for me personally with warranty issues, tips, etc. But.... other than him, when was the last time you saw a post from "upper management"?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by TkHHR
I think the technical term for what happened is "Ka-Bloooey"
I have no clue as to what happened other than I had no access either. Glad it's all back up and running. Heck, stuff does happened once in a while... Glad it wasn't a Ka-Blaaam!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Premium Member

kinda missed reading about everyones HHr adventures its fun and keeps us all out of trouble
Old 12-01-2010, 06:52 PM

I too thought this might have been the final curtain call.

To some extent this is true. Many of the old high posting members have moved on. Some that did care gave up after trying to promote site betterment and continually running into a brick wall. Only one person here holds the power and that persons concern with this site is minimal. So until the day the lights go out on this place we can either accept it or move on.

Quick Reply: Dang what happened to the forum?