Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Make the forum a better place.......for users and mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 07:00 PM

From the Site Rules:

"Remember that our goal is to provide a friendly atmosphere for all."

Regardless of what "side" you're on, way too much of the junk that is being posted lately is offensive to many members.

It seems once people get a few posts under their belts they believe that they can disregard what others think.

This is still a community, and we should respect everyone - or be banned.

That's my take.

I'm tired of all the petty "feuds" I've seen during the past few weeks...grow up or leave!

Before you hit that "post" button, think about what others might think. This forum is about much more than YOU and what you think you have the right to express. Others have rights too - and they came here to talk about HHR's, not religion, sex, etc., or to scroll through pages of childish crap while looking over their shoulders to make sure their children aren't seeing it all.

If this forum doesn't remain a "friendly" place for HHR users- it will die.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
From the Site Rules:

Regardless of what "side" you're on, way too much of the junk that is being posted lately is offensive to many members.

It seems once people get a few posts under their belts they believe that they can disregard what others think.

That's my take.

I'm tired of all the petty "feuds" I've seen during the past few weeks...grow up or leave!

Before you hit that "post" button, think about what others might think. This forum is about much more than YOU and what you think you have the right to express. Others have rights too - and they came here to talk about HHR's, not religion, sex, etc., or to scroll through pages of childish crap while looking over their shoulders to make sure their children aren't seeing it all.

Well Said Mike
Old 09-06-2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by crowbar
sindy my point is like in the dungeon "anything goes"

the ones complaining to the mods agreed to the terms i did they know the dungeon is anything goes. why take those threads/privledges away from those who can understand that its anything goes
Please lets not revisit the "anything goes" in the dungeon falacy. Many have proven that this is not the case on more than just one issue.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:30 PM

From the Site Rules:

That's my take.

I could not agree with you more Mike.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:59 PM

I want a feature that tells me who is ignoring me so I can then ignore them back.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Thank you Mike...very well put.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I wish everyone would do the same! Well most folks that is.
CH,
I don't have you on ignore because I like a lively discussion. I don't agree with a lot of your views, but I will back you to the end on your right to express them. Plus, if I don't agree with you, I always can respond and tell you that. It's what make this type of venue interesting. I like reading about the HHR, and the mods we all do, but I also like to read some of the other discussions.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

Others have rights too - and they came here to talk about HHR's, not religion, sex, etc., or to scroll through pages of childish crap while looking over their shoulders to make sure their children aren't seeing it all.

I agree with you said except for this part. The dungeon is fair game. There is plenty of warning before you open it. Not work safe, anything goes. That's part of why I pay money to this site. A place where I should be free to express myself how I feel.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by James06
CH,
I don't have you on ignore because I like a lively discussion. I don't agree with a lot of your views, but I will back you to the end on your right to express them. Plus, if I don't agree with you, I always can respond and tell you that. It's what make this type of venue interesting. I like reading about the HHR, and the mods we all do, but I also like to read some of the other discussions.
Plus I'm actually helpful sometimes.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by James06
but I also like to read some of the other discussions.

this would be a very dull place if all we talked about was hhr's

Quick Reply: Make the forum a better place.......for users and mods