Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

new "Albums" feature

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 AM

new "Albums" feature

Can someone please explain how to use this new feature?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 AM

Mike,

The album feature seems to be only for those members who have joined Social Groups. So once you create a Social Group (Gateway HHRs) the album option should be available to you
Old 01-06-2009, 09:44 AM

1st create the Album from your profile page. You will have to upload pictures to the album. From there when you are viewing a picture in the album there is an option beneath it to "add to group". Click this and then select the Social Group you want the pic added to. Hope this makes sense
Old 01-06-2009, 09:49 AM

So all of the pictures in my gallery would have to still be re-uploaded?

And I think that in your profile you have the otion to creat albums also.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:54 AM

I tried to figure out how to use the pictures in my gallery to no avail. The pics I uploaded to my album seem only to appear in my album. They are not uploaded to your gallery or the site gallery. Maybe SindyDix or JonyyB can tell us more.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Maybe SindyDix or JonyyB can tell us more.
I'm learning with ya'all!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:58 AM
jx3

The album feature seems to be only for those members who have joined Social Groups.
Being a hermit, I don't belong to any "social groups" (as if there would be any HHR involvement in Miami), but I still can create albums and have done so.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:17 AM

My issue is that I';ve got so many pics in my gallery, I don't want to have to re-upload them. Is there away to copy them over to an album?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:35 AM

1st create the Album from your profile page. You will have to upload pictures to the album. From there when you are viewing a picture in the album there is an option beneath it to "add to group". Click this and then select the Social Group you want the pic added to. Hope this makes sense
Originally Posted by GDZHHR
So all of the pictures in my gallery would have to still be re-uploaded?

And I think that in your profile you have the otion to creat albums also.
This is what I had to do with the SoCal HHR's group page--create an album on my page and was able to upload a few pix to the group. A bit superfluous to have two pages for pix and uploading the same ones.

I was wondering if there was a way to know if someone posts on the group page--like subscribing to a thread and getting a message and only folks in the group getting it. This way we don't clutter up the site with postings (we are prolific posters in SoCal!)

We joke to always read the last post of a thread to know what is going on, but this would bypass that and let one know what's up sooner.

Just a suggestion
thnx!

@
Old 01-06-2009, 04:33 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
My issue is that I';ve got so many pics in my gallery, I don't want to have to re-upload them.
I don't think the albums are meant to replace the gallery, as you can still do a search of the photos there.

Kinda meant to be like an album book you would have at home w/ the pics organized to certain themes. It would be available for viewing for those that visit, in this case your profile page. Also each album can only have up to 60 photos.

Quick Reply: new "Albums" feature