Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Site is changing.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 PM

Site is changing.....

First I noticed one thing, that I didn't have to navigate as much as I used to to get to "new posts". I opened the site as always and it already had me looged in and I could just hit "new posts". That has been nice.

Now today, I see borders around each post. Different, but looks good.

What else has/will be changed/changing?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by solman98
First I noticed one thing, that I didn't have to navigate as much as I used to to get to "new posts". I opened the site as always and it already had me looged in and I could just hit "new posts". That has been nice.

Now today, I see borders around each post. Different, but looks good.

What else has/will be changed/changing?
X 2 , & good question about what's next ?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Founding Member

The people at IB have been doing updates, some that came out years ago and were never done. It's all for the better and more things are coming.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM

iPhone app please!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Technical Moderator

I have found that I have to log in everytime instead of auto logon, and I get logged off frequently. And "My Post" don't update.

Solman, I think you are experiencing a browser update. I am having exactly the opposite experience, save the borders.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member

Solman....

I have the first page of the "New Posts" saved to my Favorites and listed as the HHR Forum. So when I click on that Favorite it automatically takes me to the first page of New Posts.

In fact, I once had it saved to my Menu/Favorites bar at the top of my screen page. But it was getting cluttered with so much "stuff" I removed a lot of it.

Just a helping hint.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by donbrew
I have found that I have to log in everytime instead of auto logon, and I get logged off frequently. And "My Post" don't update.

Solman, I think you are experiencing a browser update. I am having exactly the opposite experience, save the borders.
Clear your cookies and history. Close your browser. Go to forum page, whichever you want, log in, CLICK THE REMEMBER ME, box and you shouldn't have problems. If you do, it has to be on your end. I log on to this site from 5 different computers an HTC EVO smart phone and a pos IPAD and never have this issue.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Clear your cookies and history. Close your browser. Go to forum page, whichever you want, log in, CLICK THE REMEMBER ME, box and you shouldn't have problems. If you do, it has to be on your end. I log on to this site from 5 different computers an HTC EVO smart phone and a pos IPAD and never have this issue.
That's the way mine has worked for the last 4 years, just started this logging stuff recently. I may have deleted cookies in a recent cleaning, but they have not come back. Just a slight annoyance and opposite of Solman may not be unusual.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Solman....

I have the first page of the "New Posts" saved to my Favorites and listed as the HHR Forum. So when I click on that Favorite it automatically takes me to the first page of New Posts.

In fact, I once had it saved to my Menu/Favorites bar at the top of my screen page. But it was getting cluttered with so much "stuff" I removed a lot of it.

Just a helping hint.
If I go to the site with my home computer, it will allow me to just click on new posts and keep going. Work laptop hasn't allowed that for years. But it started to yesterday, then I noticed the borders later. Never could figure out why, it always did on every other forum I visit, just not this one.

I have it save as a favorite and in the past, it always prompted me to log in. But if I clicked the forums tab, it would log me back in automatically (without actually logging in). Again, it's a work laptop and considering who "owns" it, I'm limited to what can be done with varioius settings......