Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

SS Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Founding Member

negatory...ya got 10-12's and we're 10-2 & 10-8.
10-30...

Be reminded in our site guidelines lines and you agreed to when signing up, in part:

No Spamming - No spam in PM's, emails, or signatures. It's OK to have a link back to your personal webpage in your signature but any off-topic spam will be deleted. That includes "helping people" by advertising your site/forums to them or soliciting other members. While these forums are free for you to use they cost money to run.

This can be found in its entirety:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/rules.php
Old 09-13-2008, 03:22 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by SindyDix
negatory...ya got 10-12's and we're 10-2 & 10-8.
10-30...

Be reminded in our site guidelines lines and you agreed to when signing up, in part:

No Spamming - No spam in PM's, emails, or signatures. It's OK to have a link back to your personal webpage in your signature but any off-topic spam will be deleted. That includes "helping people" by advertising your site/forums to them or soliciting other members. While these forums are free for you to use they cost money to run.

This can be found in its entirety:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/rules.php
After having a few back-and-forth PM's with SindyDix about the above post, it is my understanding that the board operators don't want us talking about products offered by companies that are not "Supporting Vendors." Here's a quick list of products/companies that this would seem to apply to, and therefore I won't be talking about them any more. Please drop me a PM if you see me violating this rule as I may slip up from time to time while I'm posting in the "how's the weather" posts, as there might not be much else to talk about...

Magnaflow
Fram
Hahn Racecraft
NonStop Tuning
HP Tuners
B&M
Hurst
Synapse Turbo
Borla
GMpartsdirect.com
even GM itself
... and probably dozens upon dozens more

BTW, I'm not part of ADM, never bought anything from the place, don't know the guy, and have never been there... though I know where McKinney, TX is as I went to school for a short time in Commerce, TX (~30 miles from there) 25 years ago... hopefully that shouldn't disqualify my neutrality.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:12 PM

This "rule" seems a little ridiculous to me, how are we supposed to find new parts for our cars if we aren't allowed to talk about any products or companies that build them for us unless they come on to be a site "Supporting Vender"? This can't possibly sound stupid only to me and XXL?!?!? Maybe it's time for a change or modification to some of the "rules" this site enforces?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:30 PM

How much can running a website cost that you NEED sponsors? At my office we pay our ISP $16.99 CAD a month to host our company website. (We're even hosting videos of our companies commercials which takes tons of bandwidth)

I always thought forum content should be open as long as everyone respects each other. Moderators should step on people who disrespect others or flame, not for saying 'I used brand ABC on my car and I recommend it' or offering advice for a product that isn't a sponsor.

I know you want to promote the sponsors, so give them a dedicated forum topic each or larger advertising space. Don't stop us from being ourselves.

This policy just seems a little 'big brother' for me.

That's my 2 cents. I'll shut up now.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Founding Member

The names you mentioned, many are already supporting vendors and the others that are not, are not active members of the board, to the best of my knowledge.

The proper place for active members to post a link to their business is in our links section located towards the upper right corner of the page.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:31 PM

The names you mentioned, many are already supporting vendors and the others that are not, are not active members of the board, to the best of my knowledge.

The proper place for active members to post a link to their business is in our links section located towards the upper right corner of the page.
What does this have to do with any random member suggesting a product or company that may or may not be a member or supporting vendor?
Old 09-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Founding Member

Nothing at all. You may mention products of non-active-members and non-active-supporting vendors. If they are not an active member here, it's not problem. It never was a problem.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Founding Member

If they are not an active member here, it's not problem. It never was a problem.
Exactly!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:20 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by JonyyB
Exactly!
So if someone's not a member, we can talk about their products. But if they are a member, we can't. OK, got it. Thanks for clearing that up. Now, to create a complex matrix of members, products, and supporting vendors so I don't accidentally step into this ridiculous rule.

JonyyB, if you think this is the way to garner community involvement, you're wrong. If you think this is a way to get more advertisers, you're wrong. If you think this is just you flexing your muscle because it's your board... bingo. Now awaiting bannination for disagreeing with the almighty.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Founding Member

Back on topic gang!

Quick Reply: SS Exhaust??