Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

is there something wrong with this site

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member

Nope.....Sindy.....

I get the same as Deb indicated above. And, I've tried all kinds of entries including what you suggest. It did not work. I've even used Google, Yahoo and MSN search and located postings from mernbers to the net. Tried those links and get the same dumb DNS or some other type of "unavailable" message.

As others have suggested, it must be something with the server. I belong to other forums that use the same software as this and theirs work perfectly.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Founding Member

What browsers are you guys/gals using?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

I use several, on different computers....

Right now and the problems expressed regarding earlier discord....MSN Explorer

Internet Explorer and FireFox, on 2 others. ALL encountered the problems indicated, at one time or another.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Founding Member

I hope all this info will help JonyyB get this all worked out!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member

I'll also add, if it helps....

MSN EXPLORER......is a XP system
Internet Explorer and Firefox are Vista systems
Old 06-27-2008, 10:12 PM

I primarily use MSN Explorer...but have also tried IE as well. And...I don't search for the forum using a search engine. I have been a member here long enough to have the address memorized and it's also in my drop down of links...or I simply type in chevyhhr.net and what I posted is where I am taken. And when I click on the link from there...it takes me right back there after a substantial delay loading. Everywhere else I go on the internet works fine, so it's not a browser problem...it's a problem with the forum. Even happens to me at work where I'm on a huge network for a company I work for that has 15,000 employees and computers.

I visit other HHR forums, as well as the SpeedTV board, soapcentral.com and several others non-HHR forums that I visit regularly. This is the ONLY forum I have any difficulty with at all. In fact, it's the only website that I have experienced repeated difficulty accessing.

I have tried everything up to including reboot of both the computer and my DSL modem, defrag, cache clearing...every possible solution and nothing. It's hit and miss ever since the server upgrade, which appears to have more bugs than Carter has liver pills.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I primarily use...
I have tried everything up to including reboot of both the computer and my DSL modem, defrag, cache clearing...every possible solution and nothing. It's hit and miss ever since the server upgrade, which appears to have more bugs than Carter has liver pills.
forget trying to fix it on your end DEB... I started in IT in 1983 retired from it in 2002... JB has a problem... he hasn t figured it out yet

that s kinda why i started this thread... fighured out it wasn t me.... needed to put some pressure on the HOST... That is what i was going to IM you about the other day. in the past 48 hours i have only been able to get through to this site for about 4 hours

people are sending the information JB asked for... so it is up to him

the strange thing is that some appear to be accessing the site and at the same time others are not... basing that on post times.... people are posting when i can t get to the site.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I'll also add, if it helps....

MSN EXPLORER......is a XP system
Internet Explorer and Firefox are Vista systems
xp version explorer 9 combined the two

explorer is the shell for ie... ie is the browser for xp if using version 7 or 8 which allows you to use LIVE

Last edited by REDFLYR; 06-29-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:53 AM

time of this post

encountered the log in problem... my ROBOFORM had timed out... once i logged in RF it logged me back into this site???
Old 06-29-2008, 05:24 AM

this might help JB...
when you loose the site... try this and pass the information to him

get a command prompt uck DOS
type in

nslookup chevyhhr.net
enter

record the info and pass it on... can t wait to loose the site again to see the results

vista - at the start button search just type
command prompt
a dos window will appear
enter

Quick Reply: is there something wrong with this site