South Central TX, OK, AR, LA

Do you folks have any HHRs near DFW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 02:42 PM

Do you folks have any HHRs near DFW?

I'm in Arlington for the week and the only HHRs I've seen were at the car rental plaza @ DFW.

I've been driving around and exploring the streets and freeways and haven't seen any HHRs on the roads.

Is it me or is there a particular time of day to sight an HHR around here?

And where is the best TEX-MEX in the area? What other foods can I only get here, and where is it?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:00 PM

we are all on the north side.....HEHEHEHE

where in arlington and i'll try and point you to a good one.....if you are mobile then go to JOE T. GARICA's just outside the stock yards in fort worth.....

if not post up and i'll be watching to see what you are near to......
Old 08-21-2008, 12:40 AM

I just found out the name of this town is Grand Prairie. I'm at the end of South 360 next to Mansfield Timberview HS. I'll Google the Garcia resturant and perhaps we can g2g there when I get a break from this conference.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 AM

I'm on the opposite end of 360 from you right now (360 and Carrier Pkwy) at the office. There are 3 HHR's in the parking lot right now.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:03 PM

I'm from Allen, hoping to get back there soon!
Old 08-21-2008, 04:51 PM

Too bad I couldn't get back online sooner. I could have gone to the other end of 360 this morning. However, I plan to be at Garcia's by 6 tonight. I'll ask to sit near a window so I can see the HHRs roll in.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM

If you don't get there by 6 or close thereabouts, you'll be standing in line for a while. Never really understood the fascination with Joe T's myself. There are lots of better places for Mexican food (La Playa Maya is just south of Joe T's on Main St and it has much better food). Joe T's is more popular with the tourist crowd, just because way back in the day it was a pretty good place to eat (and unique, back then, you came in through the kitchen and the menu only had one thing on it - the Mexican dinner - it was like eating at your grandmothers house - provided you have a Mexican grandmother!)
Old 08-25-2008, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Downtime!
There are lots of better places for Mexican food...
Joe's BLOWS! And it had no HHRs.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by mixman
Joe's BLOWS! And it had no HHRs.
Told you! Next time you get this way give me a heads up and I'll show you some real good Tex-Mex. Might even be able to put together 4 or 5 HHR's to cruise up in.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:26 PM

well if you were in the Dallas area, i would have sent you to all the cop stops real mex............capital and henderson has the best real mex in all of north texas.....cuquita's, every mexican within 100 miles is there every fri and sat night, it is open until 4 am serving menudo as fast as the wait staff can bring it out......

and there are many many many more cop stops for tex-mex and real mex, that is the best measure for quality food.....when it looks like the building is about to fall down but 10 cop cars are in the parking lot....then you can bet your pork chops the food is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

sorry my suggestion was rotten......JOE's really was the **** back in the day.......but had you said you were near dallas i would have sent you that direction and a stop over for age appropriate entertainment.....i'll do better next time....

Quick Reply: Do you folks have any HHRs near DFW?