South Central TX, OK, AR, LA

Pricing on window Tint (San Anotnio)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Inframan
My dealer did mine for free because I asked when I purchased. But they had a price of $50 for the front two windows. It was 35% and looks pretty good. This would be Reata Chevy in Castroville.

In the past, I've gone to J & Y Electronics on Zaramora @ Malone. They've always done a really good job but I can't recall their pricing.
Dealer also did my wife's as part of the deal. There people wouldn't do more than 35%, so they had us take to where I've had my other cars done and the dealer paid us what we paid the shop.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by EL_REY
Well ive been around town (San Antonio) for the past day or two, and been to several shops that tint windows.

Obvious one was Mothers, which was on Fred. Rd. inside 410, and was given $350+ to get all my windows tinted; 35 up front and 20 the rest of the way for the metallic or ceramic type tint, which has no dyes with a lifetime warranty

Next i went to custom Sounds inside 410 on San Pedro. Price for Premier tint that was metallic/ceramic/no dyes was $400 and he would MATCH all the windows so that the 2 front ones didnt look out of place. also has a warranty for as long as you have the ride.

I think i would go with the custom sounds place, because i know they have been in that same place for years, and they did a good job a while back on another one of my old cars. i dont know about mothers, even though they have been around for years as well, ive asked at each one if they are a chain and i have been told that each one is independently owned. So i would think if something wrong happened to the tint, peeling, bubbling, fading etc, that you would be SOL if you went to another mothers or if the other guy shut down.

Well give me your opinions and prices paid at whatever shops you have been to, and any positive or negatives.

Thanks
I prefer the wndows to match the paint as close as possible ..
Old 07-22-2006, 01:35 PM

got my front 2 windows and banner accross front windshield for $100 out the door with lifetime warrenty.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:56 PM

My dealer did mine for free because I asked when I purchased. But they had a price of $50 for the front two windows. It was 35% and looks pretty good. This would be Reata Chevy in Castroville.

In the past, I've gone to J & Y Electronics on Zaramora @ Malone. They've always done a really good job but I can't recall their pricing.
when did you get your HHR? if it was a little before july 1, then you got the one i wanted!!

well i have to go shopping around again in SATX when i go up there again this next weekend, if not maybe shop in Austin, dunno.
only thing that suck is all the damn butterflies here in SW TX. damn it soo bad that when i came home this thursday it looked as if someone had splashed some paint all over my front end, but it was nothing but dead butterflies.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:28 AM

July 3rd actually and they had an identical one there as well. I chose the one that I was standing next to. Yeah what's up with these butterflies? They just started showing up.
Are there any places closer to Del Rio that do tint? Seems out of the way to get it done unless you're simply out this way often.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by EZ4U2CHere
I'm in GA, and I had 5 windows tinted on my QuadCab ram (4 side, one back) and also a 6" strip across the front windshield. Total came to $150 w/ lifetime warranty.

I think I'm going to get just the front windows done on my HHR this weekend. I'll report back w/ the cost.
WOW!!! Tinting has really gone up in price around here over the past couple of years. They guy who did my truck that I posted about ($150 for 5 windows & strip) wanted $80 for just the 2 fronts.

Anyway, an "aquaintance" of mine owns a tint shop about 60 miles from here, and seeing as though I was in the area yesterday anyway I had him match my fronts for $60. Honestly, even that sounds pricey to me, but like I said, I guess the prices have really gone up around here.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by EL_REY
Well ive been around town (San Antonio) for the past day or two, and been to several shops that tint windows.

Obvious one was Mothers, which was on Fred. Rd. inside 410, and was given $350+ to get all my windows tinted; 35 up front and 20 the rest of the way for the metallic or ceramic type tint, which has no dyes with a lifetime warranty

Next i went to custom Sounds inside 410 on San Pedro. Price for Premier tint that was metallic/ceramic/no dyes was $400 and he would MATCH all the windows so that the 2 front ones didnt look out of place. also has a warranty for as long as you have the ride.

I think i would go with the custom sounds place, because i know they have been in that same place for years, and they did a good job a while back on another one of my old cars. i dont know about mothers, even though they have been around for years as well, ive asked at each one if they are a chain and i have been told that each one is independently owned. So i would think if something wrong happened to the tint, peeling, bubbling, fading etc, that you would be SOL if you went to another mothers or if the other guy shut down.

Well give me your opinions and prices paid at whatever shops you have been to, and any positive or negatives.

Thanks

Custom Sounds is always going to be the most expensive. They double charge for everything regardless of what needs to be done. I know of the Mothers you're referring to. I went to that exact same Mothers and they quoted me $200 for all windows. If they said $350, they are trying to screw you over big time. I would definitely shop around. There's a window tinting place on the corner of West Ave and Jackson Keller maybe a block or two inside Loop 410. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the place, but I heard they do have competitive prices. However as Yeshua said, I would just tint the front two windows. That'll probably cost you around $45 to $50 for the tinting.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:24 PM

July 3rd actually and they had an identical one there as well. I chose the one that I was standing next to. Yeah what's up with these butterflies? They just started showing up.
Are there any places closer to Del Rio that do tint? Seems out of the way to get it done unless you're simply out this way often.
well it might have been one of the ones i wanted, im not too sure where they ordered mine from... but yea all these damn butterflies, must be mating season or something for them Well there are some places here in del rio that do tint, but they have used the "cheap" type tints that fade after a year or 2 and turn purple, but i need to check again; maybe they have "upgraded", but im usually in SA because my brother and sister live up there

Originally Posted by txsman2930
Custom Sounds is always going to be the most expensive. They double charge for everything regardless of what needs to be done. I know of the Mothers you're referring to. I went to that exact same Mothers and they quoted me $200 for all windows. If they said $350, they are trying to screw you over big time. I would definitely shop around. There's a window tinting place on the corner of West Ave and Jackson Keller maybe a block or two inside Loop 410. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the place, but I heard they do have competitive prices. However as Yeshua said, I would just tint the front two windows. That'll probably cost you around $45 to $50 for the tinting.
yea i think i know more or less to where you are talking about, i think its sort of close to Tom Ribs(now i want BBQ ) But damn customs sounds is expensive, but i have been happy with thier work, but dont wanna spend all that $$$$. But i guess best thing would be to do just the front 2 first, then the rest, but i want the heat rejection tint, and i think just doing the front 2 wont really help much
Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 PM

I paid 30 buck to have my front two tinted 20%. Its a sungaurd shadow tint i was told and matches the factory tint perfect. There are a couple other hhrs in town that had theres done eslewhere or with a cheaper tint. it just don't look right. but mines okay so thats all that matters. By the way whats Ceramic tint and the benifits of it.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Banned

wow, why bring up a thread thats over a year old?

Quick Reply: Pricing on window Tint (San Anotnio)