South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

Hi there!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:05 PM

Hi there!

Hello everyone from St. Pete!! I'm looking at getting an HHR in the near future. Rented one up in Idaho a bit back and my fiance loved it. I'm looking for info to help finalize what model to get and anything else that migh affect my car-buying decision.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:08 PM
jx3

Name:  multi-welcome.gif
Views: 22
Size:  24.1 KB

A lot here will say the running boards are a must to prevent the sandblasting of the rear quarter panels, but that will only delay it.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:13 AM

First A Big Texas to the site, you’re sure to meet a lot of great people here. The information available is top notch, and so many members are happy to help answer questions, or steer you in the right direction as to where to find what you’re looking for. As far as which HHR is right for you, it's hard to say. Do you enjoy doing your own modifications, or do you like the out of the box model that has every thing you’re looking for. What about power and transmission preferences, almost everyone has different taste. So tell us what you like and get ready for a lot of honest opinions on what we all have learned from owning all the different models available.

Curtis & Deb
Old 08-11-2007, 12:33 AM

Probably the clear 3M plastic protection film is the best insurance against rock chipping of the lower frontal area of rear fenders and rockers. There was a link once on the forum to a place that sold the stuff pre-cut for the HHR. Can't find it at the moment.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:45 AM
jx3

This may be what you're thinking, but they don't have any pre-cut for the quarters.........yet.

invisiblemask
Old 08-11-2007, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by rcsart
First A Big Texas to the site, you’re sure to meet a lot of great people here. The information available is top notch, and so many members are happy to help answer questions, or steer you in the right direction as to where to find what you’re looking for. As far as which HHR is right for you, it's hard to say. Do you enjoy doing your own modifications, or do you like the out of the box model that has every thing you’re looking for. What about power and transmission preferences, almost everyone has different taste. So tell us what you like and get ready for a lot of honest opinions on what we all have learned from owning all the different models available.

Curtis & Deb
Thanks for the warm welcome! The HHR is going to belong to my fiance. She's actually gone onto Chevy's website and printed out what she wants. So, here it goes. LT 1LT model, golden teal w/ cashmere leather seats. Accessories include airbags, Pinoneer speakers, 4 wheel antilock brakes, 2.4L eng, 5 speed manual transmission, fog lamps, and a sun roof. The car will be primarly a family car and used for her to get around. Moding will probably kept to a minimum (and will probably involve a lot of asking on my part). We're still debating if we want to buy new or used. At the very least, we will want a warantee of some kind. Of course, any HHR will be an improvment over the 98 Corolla that she has now. Now power options, A/C barely works. All around beater. That's it for now! I look forward to seeing what everyone posts in this forum and others! Hopefully, if she sees some mod, she'll be inclined to let me tinker around...
Old 08-11-2007, 04:31 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 15
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! I'm not sure you will find a used Golden Teal yet. However, remember this color was discontinued for 08.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:36 AM

Welcome Brent, I have seen a couple of Teal over here in Tampa, I will start looking into them for you by Monday. (I work Fr-Sat-Sun 12 hours)
See you and yours soon.
Karen and NEMO
Old 08-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Welcome,

It's a decision you won't regret. This has to be one of the most fun vehicles I have ever owned. The mods are endless. They are only limited to your imagination.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:16 AM

Sounds like a solid plan to me, sounds like she knows what she likes. I'd say your best deal will come from finding a new 2007 with rebates from Chevy I'm pretty sure you can get one as cheap as a used one. Good luck with your search, it should be very exciting.