South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

Tail of The Dragon 2015 Hotel Information, Oct 15-18th

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Deceased

Alrighty then, it's yours gang, have at it. And we'll do our best to be there, glad to hear things turned out just fine, now who's gonna post up some pics first?
Old 10-25-2015, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by bassbase
We all met Don and Jason at that hotel that "That Chevy" said he was staying at. Not one HHR was in the lot and I walked around the whole thing while we waited 30min for them to show up while we ate breakfast in the lot. He never got ahold of us again and disappeared. Not sure he was even there.
Other than that it was great with Christien and Vincent leading us. Best Dragon yet and all 11 of us came up with great ideas for next year.
Whoa, now lol. I was definitely there. You wouldn't have noticed an HHR though cause as my signature states, I no longer own one. I was driving my black hardtop MX-5 which was sitting in the parking lot. By the time I got Christien's PM that said you guys were there, you had already left cause I accidentally overslept from not getting in until midnight the night before.

I then tried calling Christien's number that he left in the PM and it went to voicemail. So I left a voicemail with my number to call back and never heard anything from him. I then headed to Deal's Gap where he said you guys would be heading and you must've already left there too by the time I got there cause I didn't see a single HHR. I then sent a text later that evening and never heard anything back. I even sent 2 more PM's on here. Including one that had my phone number in it to reach me at and I never heard a single word back.

Then again the following day I tried calling again 3X to meet up with you guys and it went straight to voicemail every time. So I just gave up and kinda did my own thing. I mean what else was I to do? I tried getting in touch with you guys and the only person who's contact info I had wasn't getting back to me. Plus I was already there and wasn't going to waste the trip. I only saw 1 HHR the whole weekend though.

Now I'm not putting the blame on anyone, but there was definitely a lack of communication. Also the fact that I was the only one that stayed at the hotel that CJ had originally setup didn't really help matters either. Seeing as I only had the one way to get in touch with you guys and didn't know where you would be starting from every morning.

I also apologized for missing you guys at the hotel that morning, but stuff does happen and I even said in my original post that I may sleep in due to getting in so late. I also had no idea what time you guys would be showing up or meeting up as that information was not put out here on the forum where it could easily be seen and I overslept my alarm which was my bad. I take full responsibility for that, but don't make assumptions and say I disappeared and never got a hold of you cause I definitely tried multiple times, multiple ways, and on multiple days. That being said I never heard anything back from you guys despite those multiple attempts. So there wasn't really anything I could do about that and ended up just going my own way.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Administrator

There is always next year !
Old 10-25-2015, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
There is always next year !
This is true Oldblue, but to be honest with you between the lack of communication and information put out, the lack of a response from the person who gave me their number and told me to call them, and the PM response I just got back from the person who decided to call me out on the forum and make assumptions before knowing the whole situation. I don't think I'll be planning to make it out to this particular meet again.

At least not anytime soon. In fact I probably won't plan to at all actually. At least not with this group. I'll go out there with the Miata group or one of the other groups that regularly goes out there instead.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:09 PM

I'm really not going to dignify this with a proper response after the profanity and drama filled pm I got. I'm done.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Alrighty then , sorry to touch off that spark and flame! I'm sure old CJ wouldn't have wanted anybody to be upset on this run, out of respect for him and his family I suggest we close this thread, any mods out there agree? Whopper, 843de?