South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Feb Car show

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 05:34 PM

Just thought I should throw out the chalange ( I can't spell it but I know it not right). If we can come from Utah I would expect a big turn out from those of you in AZ. This is the time to show our HHRs and let everyone know what we have.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:27 PM

I will be there to hang out again!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:40 PM

Did I offend someone or dosen't anyone know of the motels in the area of the show. We would be thankful for any help.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:53 PM

Sorry. Not from the Phoenix area. I think there is a red roof inn on Baseline and I-10 though, and an Inn Suites just next door. Hope that helps!

Not sure how many HHR owners there will be at this show dixie. Only a hand full of us in AZ anyway. (retro, dbarber, SSMike, En0, Snoopy... few others too) but not too sure how many are actually going.

D... you will more than likely win this car show anyway. I have a dent above my rear Driver's side window and a LONG key mark along the backside of the driver's rear door too! It sucks! But I like to go and hang out anyway. I'm going to have my Xbox 360 with me and a flat panel monitor to hook up and play while we just sit around and do almost nothing!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member

Dixie....
Didn't offend me. But, I probably won't be there. Leaving on vacation that day. So sorry I missed you. Probably will see you sometime after it warms up and I travel north....maybe for the Kanab show/run that you spoke of.

About the lodgings.....you indicated "cheap" which is relative....do you have a "ballpark" idea. But, I must warn you, we are in the winter visitor period. Motels that usually are $70-$80 are probably in excess of $100. Provide me an idea of cost and I'll look and see what is available.

The show is being held at Chapman Chevrolet, I believe. They are located at 1717 E. Baseline, Tempe AZ 85283. You may wish to do a Map Quest, etc. and work from that to see about lodgings. But from my memory (which I'm not saying is great), there are only about 2 motels within 5-6 miles. Both are "business" class.

As Jason indicated...at the reach of 5-6 miles there is about 5-6 motels of different levels. Fairfield Inn, Best Western, Days Inn, etc.

Last edited by Snoopy; 01-15-2007 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 01-15-2007, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by dixiesHHR
Did I offend someone or dosen't anyone know of the motels in the area of the show. We would be thankful for any help.
Dixie
As stated by other you did not offend anyone. As for me I have been busy and only jumped on and made a post or scan over the post.
Snoopy has the best ideas just do a search using the address for Chapman.
That way you get an idea. There are losts of places to stay all depends on how much and how far you care to stay.
Hope to still see you there.
Jason
Do not geive in that easy, you can also put up a banner or something to hide the dent, plus maybe they will over look it. Hey you can always stand in front of it.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the replies they will help. We will do some searching and see you there.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
All chevy car show Feb 11 2007. I think I will put the HHR in the show again. Anyone else in AZ care to join me?
Check out the link www.vette.org for more info. Just like last time I do not see HHR listed but they opened up the class once we got entered.
Hope to see some other HHR enter.

I'll go if someone will contact me with in/fo. I was at the world of wheels show last week but no other hhr's made it.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by FEAR1HHR
I'll go if someone will contact me with in/fo. I was at the world of wheels show last week but no other hhr's made it.
Sent you a PM. I was going to take the kids to the world of wheels but changed my mind, I didnt feel up to it.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:17 PM

anyone know how they handle parking at the show? Is it open or assigned? Do we need to get there early? Are you going to try to park the HHRs together? What about food,is there something close for lunch or should we pack? Thanks for your help.

Keith and Dixie

Quick Reply: Feb Car show