South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Flagstaff Run???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:36 AM

BUMP! For this thread...
Old 06-08-2006, 01:57 AM

the boss said its cool. I got my tent, a lantern, couple of sleeping bags and she said she can bring a little hibachi grill to cook on! Actually I think she is more excited about camping than I am. I am the city slicker! So now just waiting on a time to meet my fellow 'Zonies and I am all set!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:32 AM

Hey we are down for the RUN...not to far from us here in VEGAS ! but the KOA...might not happen for me lol .......but we can work around that !

williams is like 200 miles from us!! it be great if we all could meet up in Bullhead city and cruise the rest of the way into Williams all together..

god i hope my springs will be here by then !!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:48 AM

Cool AZ run

ok whos driving down from the south bay and if u are do u want to meet up somwere and drive down to meet up with so cal gang if so post what u think so we can plan it also , , MIKE or CINDY what time do u think your group is going to meet up how far from u are we going as u are from us about 4-6 hrs away dep on speed? luk so we can get out of here to meet up with u ,, d&c i just love road trips!
Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:18 PM

Waaaay too soon for me to figure a time to meet. Right now, plans are to drive out to Victorville & meet up with Sindy & anyone else who wants to caravan. We can meet at a restaurant there and hang until everyone shows.

From there, we'll be travelling up the 15 to the 40 and over to AZzzzzzzz.....oh! WAKE UP = YOU'RE DRIVING!!!!

I'll need to avoid Laughlin/Bullhead like the plague - or else we'll never make it to Williams! Perhaps all the CA drivers can meet in Kingman if someone knows a spot....then it's off to Seligman for an A&W Root Beer Float! From Seligman to Williams it's only 42-miles so we're good to go from there!
The Circle Pines KOA is only 5-minutes from downtown Williams.

Who all wants to meet up and caravan from SoCal???
Old 06-08-2006, 01:40 PM

I am thinking about driving down there...but that's an awful long way by myself. (800 miles - 11/hours) Now if someone were coming from the northern part of Arizona, just the other side of the Colorado border, I might reconsider. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what turns up. I'm up for the campground idea...but like Mike...I'll sleep in the HHR...don't have any camping gear.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Founding Member

<----- let her tell you about camping gear! Gots lots! Have about 4 EXTRA tents..... bring your own sleeping bag and/or bed roll and pad!

Ya can get dinner from the campground snack machine! They gots Snickers bars in 'em! KOA's got everything!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member

Wink

Sandy, Mike, 2HHR's, Zonies, et. al.,

I had a thought......all of us are starting to get serious about this KOA thing. Do they have enough camping spaces and cabins available for us!!!!!

So, I sent them an e-mail, this morning, indicating our desires for the the discussed weekend, asking if any special pricing is available to groups, etc.

I am waiting for a response. Just thought if we are seriously thinking KOA, then plan on it, and they do not have space....we are in trouble.

Will post the results as soon as I hear.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

The "warden" and I will probably rent a cabin. I haven't used my camping gear in 15 years. Afraid to even check it out (to hot here, to try settings up a tent).
Old 06-08-2006, 05:02 PM

I've got tons of camping gear - but will sleep in the HHR! I'll use the tent for changing, etc.

I haven't emailed about availability - perhaps I'll call and see what they say...