South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Heading North!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:27 AM

Unhappy

Poor Little Ticker (AKA Silver Streak) is in the shop at Midway Chevrolet in Phoenix

The service people didn't want to give hubby a rental till they found out if the car was still under warranty. That being done, after all, we did just buy the car brand new the last day of March, and it only has six thousand miles on it, we got a rental.

Next they were wondering just how often we get around to changing the oil....okay, Midway was the first to change the oil when the car had under three thousand miles, right before we left on vacation..........and it didn't start making any ticking noise till "MIDWAY" changed the oil!

Had the oil changed again (another 1300 miles later) in Kalispell MT at Eisinger chevrolet after they tried to fix the ticking noise by putting in that new camshaft and doing some kind of lifter work.

One thing hubby always does is to make sure to take good care of our cars, and he never takes them anywhere other than to a dealer for any kind of work or maintenance.

Haven't heard a thing on what they may have discovered so hopefully they'll be able to fix the problem. We are not unreasonable people, it's really simple, we bought a brand new HHR at the end of March, it worked great till they changed the oil at Midway, these things can happen, and all we want is for them to fix our little HHR properly. What we don't like is the attitude they seem to have that "we" didn't have the oil changed or that we must have done something to it, anything that will take the responsibility away. We're hoping they get things right because we'd sure hate to part with our little HHR.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 AM

I wish you the best of luck with Midway Chevy and your little Ticker! Only way I know to avoid problems like this with what could be "shady" dealerships is to make sure the little maintenence section of your owner's manual gets filled out by them at Oil Changes, Tune ups and so on. That way theres never a question. Sometimes its the only way to deal with people like this.

But I digress.. again.. GOOD LUCK! :twothumbs
Old 07-31-2007, 10:54 AM

What a freakin' horror show!

Before jumping all over the customer, they may want to check their own records first! If they had, they could have seen that they had done the oil change. Asking questions is one thing, but being idiots is another...

Hopefully they figure out what the problem is sooner rather than later.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 PM

Little Ticker update:

They're taking the top part of the engine off to see if they can find the noise.

We're hoping for good news.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:15 AM

I hope they get her right as rain soon. I know i would be lost without "Tiffany".
My wife named her says its cause she's little blue and kinda boxy like the jewelry store box
Old 08-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Yep, we sure miss having our little car. They gave us some kind of Buick to drive while ours is in the shop, I have not even been out there to see what it looks like. Hubby hasn't even driven it anywhere other than home. Same thing with the first part of our vacation, they gave us a Chevy Equinox to use, and it's not a bad little SUV but we wanted our little car.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:35 PM

Little Ticker (AKA Silver Streak) update:

We still don't have our little HHR back, it's still at Midway Chevrolet, and they've been tearing it apart trying to figure out what's wrong with it. They have not been nice about anything either, so sorry we took it back there. It was after Midway changed the oil that our problems started. In Kalispell they replaced the camshaft and did some valve work, told us there was a piece missing from the camshaft. We had the oil changed at Midway "under" three throusand miles before going to Montana. In Montana we had the oil changed again when it only had the mileage we used getting up there. When we got it back it was still making noise and the folks at Chevy in Kalispell told us to drive it home like that and let the folks in Phoenix worry about it.

The folks at Midway asked my husband how often we have the oil changed, as though we neglected to do that and caused the car to malfunction. Guy in service made a big fuss because it was missing about a tablespoons worth. Now they are trying to blame the folks at Chevy in Kalispell for the stuff that may be wrong with our poor little car.

Poor sick Little Ticker! Wonder if we'll ever get it home again? We bought it brand new March 31st and we want it well and home!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:47 AM

So sorry to hear about your HHR problems. However, I'm impressed by your attitude (blaming the mechanics instead of the car itself!). Frank and I thought we had missed the July trip, but in reading some of the posts here, it sounds like it didn't happen. We are definitely looking forward to the next one. Hope that they find the problem soon. Well, off to get an oil change ... thanks for the reminder! :)
Old 08-15-2007, 11:04 PM

I think our big mistake was NOT taking our little ticker back to the dealer where we bought him. Fact is, we bought it at a neighboring town, but opted to take it to a dealer who's close to us for service......BIG MISTAKE!

The update is that someone from the dealer where we bought it, called us today to see how we're enjoying our new little HHR and they now know what we're going through and are going to notify someone to look into it and call us. We made it clear that one way or the other, it would be nice if the folks at Midway Chevrolet were at least courteous enough to at least call us and let us know if they've discovered the problem, or if they are planning to fix it anytime soon. She said she'll notify someone, and they will be calling us in a couple days. Lets hope so.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:49 PM

Heads Up Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Got A Call From Midway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

They're Waiting For A Gasket And They Say We Can Pick Up Our Car Tomorrow Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooo~hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might Be Doing A Happy Dance Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Quick Reply: Heading North!