South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Looking to move, scoping out AZ June 16, 17 & 18th

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Founding Member

Looking to move, scoping out AZ June 16, 17 & 18th

We are turning to the pros's!

Looking to move, scoping out AZ June 16, 17 & 18th, 2007

Mr. B and I are heading towards Arizona in search for a new place to shack up.
We prefer a less populated area, estimated 2,500 to 4,000 foot in elevation.
Try to stay above the freezing level and out of the snow but do not mind a few days of snowfall as long as it don't stick around for a long time.
We are OK with 100 degree temps.

We don't want to be shoulder to shoulder with a neighbor. Spread out..... Williams and surrounding area looked good last time with the HHR group. Less populated and we don't mind having to drive too far to the local Wal-Mart type shopping.

We are just going to scout out the state. We'll spend 3 days poking around. We want to do this in each season to also get a feel for the climate.

Our goal is within 2 years, be out of California.

Whatcha Arizonians have to say?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 PM

Sindy
You might try looking into Prescott. It is between Phoenix and Williams kinda.
You would get a little snow but would not get tons, you also would not hit 100 during the summer.

Not to far away and a little smaller is prescott valley.

Not sure where you will be when you come down, and we may be pressed for time as we will be leaving on Tueday for a family trip, but let us know and we can try to meet up if you like.

If you need any help with information let us know and I will do what I can for you to get it.

And we would love to add you to the Az family
Old 06-05-2007, 10:35 PM

Sindy, don't forget to look for the nude beaches!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 PM

California is not going to fall into the ocean yet, is it?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
We are turning to the pros's!

Looking to move, scoping out AZ June 16, 17 & 18th, 2007

Mr. B and I are heading towards Arizona in search for a new place to shack up.
We prefer a less populated area, estimated 2,500 to 4,000 foot in elevation.
Try to stay above the freezing level and out of the snow but do not mind a few days of snowfall as long as it don't stick around for a long time.
We are OK with 100 degree temps.

We don't want to be shoulder to shoulder with a neighbor. Spread out..... Williams and surrounding area looked good last time with the HHR group. Less populated and we don't mind having to drive too far to the local Wal-Mart type shopping.

We are just going to scout out the state. We'll spend 3 days poking around. We want to do this in each season to also get a feel for the climate.

Our goal is within 2 years, be out of California.

Whatcha Arizonians have to say?
You might want to check out Kearny, my brother lives there, very small, in the mountains, and I personally think it's a very pretty area in the mountains. My brother and his wife drive into either Mesa, Tucson, or Globe to stock up on groceries and get a better price, but it's a nice small little town. Williams is nice but there seems to be some developement going on out that way, so it might grow bigger before you know it. Prescott has really grown, as has Payson and Flagstaff. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:44 AM

prescott is way more expensive to live in than prescott valley. There are some nice homes here in Tucson in an area called Rita Ranch. Bit too overdeveloped though if ya ask me. Theres always casa grande, payson, show low, snowflake, sierra vista, 3-points, and lots of little places to get a piece of land/house that isnt right on top of your neighbor.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 AM

While your in the area check out Southern Utah. Having lived in Northern Arizona and now Utah I think you would like this area (Kanab). Send me a address and I will send some area information. To bad your not a week earler or you could come to our show this week end.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by dixiesHHR
While your in the area check out Southern Utah. Having lived in Northern Arizona and now Utah I think you would like this area (Kanab). Send me a address and I will send some area information. To bad your not a week earler or you could come to our show this week end.
We are considering Nevada and Utah also. I'll send my address via PM. I wold like to get the Sunday newspapers advertising sections.

If anyone will send me their local Sunday Real Estate news paper inserts, I'll send ya a few bucks for your postage and your troubles.

PM me for my address.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:26 PM

You can always move to Michigan and hibernate during the winter Lots of real estate right now!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Founding Member

Toooo cold for me in Michigan!

Quick Reply: Looking to move, scoping out AZ June 16, 17 & 18th