South Pacific CA, NV, HI

California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 04:28 PM

California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010

Howdy folks. I just thought I would throw this out here in case some of you wanted to do it. I've hosted a car run up Highway 1 for the past 7 years. It started out as a Fiero event. Once we even did a separate event with just HHRs that was kinda fun. So anyway, now we just do one event but invite everyone. We have a lot of Fieros, four or five Sebrings will show up, one guy comes from Colorado in his BugEye Sprite. So I figured I would throw out the info and see if anyone wanted to 'represent'. I will tell you that the pace gets pretty fast through the twisties up there but we do try to let those who want to go fast in the front and those who want to enjoy the scenery in the rear. Anyway, here is the info. If nothing else, it is a weekend on the coast for just $99 for your room for the whole weekend! And if enough people are interested, I will throw an HHR on the shirt in place of the Fiero.

----

8th Annual California Coast Run

When: October 22-24, 2010
Where: San Simeon, CA

Hotel Reservations
Courtesy Inn of San Simeon - http://www.courtesyinns.com
9450 Castillo Drive
San Simeon, CA 93452
1-800-555-5773
Say you are with Fiero group for $99 for the weekend rate. If they don't give you that rate, ask for Manish.

Event Schedule

Friday, October 22
- Arrive Friday and check into hotel.
- Meet in pool area at 6PM for meet n' greet.
- Dinner at Main Street Grill in Cambria at 7:30PM

Saturday, October 23
- Start lining up cars at 8:00AM.
- Driver's Meeting at 8:30AM
- Depart hotel at 9:00AM
- Lunch at Big Sur River Inn at 11:30AM
- Depart Big Sur River Inn at 1:30PM
- Arrive at Courtesy Inn at 5PM.
- Party and Catered Dinner in pool area at 7PM.
- Charity raffle at 8PM. (Benefits St Jude Children's Hospital)
- San Simeon Beach Bar & Grill from 10:00 till whenever...

Sunday, October 24
- Depart for breakfast in Morro Bay at 10AM.

We end the day early on Sunday to allow people plenty of time to see the area attractions and still get home safely.

Driving distance to San Simeon from major cities:
San Diego to San Simeon - 360 miles (6 hours)
Los Angeles to San Simeon - 245 miles (4 hours)
San Francisco to San Simeon - 240 miles (4 hours)
Sacramento to San Simeon - 300 miles (5 hours)
Redding to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Reno, NV to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Las Vegas, NV to San Simeon - 435 miles (7 hours)

We have a great time on this event and have had people come from as far away as Arizona and Colorado. We try to make this an affordable event so people can come have a good time without putting a strain on their bank account. The hotel helps out with a $99 rate for the entire event weekend. Our cartered dinner on Saturday night is all you can eat and is only $25 per person. With those prices we can still afford to put gas in the cars! And don't forget those dollar bills for the charity raffle. You can win some great prizes and as always, the proceeds go to St Jude Children's Research Hospital. http://www.stjude.org

More event info is forthcoming on http://www.fiero-performance.com. Go ahead and go check it out and see all the pictures from past events.

------------------
Old 09-05-2010, 09:12 PM

Songman, sounds like a great time. I'll check my schedule.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:42 PM

Hey neighbor! I hope you can make it. We'll have to get together sometime when I am over that way. My buddy in Tehachapi is the one who did my big brake kit and now we are looking at options to put big discs on the back too. If things keep working out on mine, he plans to mass produce the stuff.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:16 PM

Only one other HHR going to join us? I thought SoCal folks were always looking for an excuse to get together. Heck, if enough folks show up, it can be a complete mini HHR rally right in the middle of the rest of the cars.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:35 PM

If Carol and I are in Paso that weekend we might join the drive in my SS.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:29 AM

That would be cool. The more the merrier!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:19 PM

Some of you know that St Jude Children's Research Hospital is always the charity that we support with the proceeds from the Coast Run raffle. This year is no different. In addition to the proceeds of the raffle, we also set up for people to make online donations. Remember that these donations are tax deductible.

The main event page on the St Jude site is HERE.

If any of you think you can get donations from where you work, car clubs, or other ways please consider signing up as a Participant. Participants get people to donate and can get cool T-shirts, hats, etc as prizes depeding on how much money they raise.

My participant page is at HERE.

I set the goal for the event at a low $500. I would love to blow this goal out of the water like we did a few years ago. I know times are tough but please sign up as a Participant or donate as you can. Learn more about St Jude at http://www.http://www.stjude.org. Thanks.

------------------
Old 09-25-2010, 09:25 PM

Got the T-shirts done for the folks from the Sebring club that are coming.

Name:  sebringshirt2.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  51.1 KB
Old 09-27-2010, 10:28 PM

Hey folks, this is not only a great drive but a great cause. Get some HHRs in there!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:44 PM

Thanks Terry. It really is - on both counts. I've been supporting St Jude for years and would do the run if only for that reason alone. The drive is fantastic, especially if you can get a lot of 'alike' cars doing it together. Plus we have some really good food and the price is cheaper than you can find a weekend on the coast anywhere. I always tell people, even if you don't want to do the run a $99 weekend deal on the coast is crazy cheap!

Quick Reply: California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010