South Pacific CA, NV, HI

California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:15 PM

17 cars registered for the Coast Run now, but still only two HHRs. Only 5 days till I have to report the numbers to the restaurants so they can be ready for us. Come on... at least one more HHR! Who will it be?
Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 AM

Any last minute entries? Today is the day I turn the numbers in to the restaurants so they will know how much food they need to buy and how much staff they put on...

These are the numbers as they stand right now.
Fieros - 11
Sebrings - 3
HHRs - 2
Jetta - 1
Cavalier - 1
Bugeye - 1
People - 36

It's going to be a lot of fun! You don't want to miss it!
Get registered at http://www/fiero-performance.com.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Have fun and enjoy the beauty of the coast. Sorry Barbara and I can't make it. So enjoy the cruise and eat well.

See ya down the road
Bud - Harvey - Barbara
Old 10-10-2010, 08:28 PM

We'll just plan on lunch or dinner next time we are in Vegas. We miss seeing ya'll. It's a shame no more HHRs are coming. We did this run before with nothing but HHRs and had a ball. I don't know why no one is interested this time.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:52 PM

28 cars registered now.. only two HHRs. Guess me and Terry are gonna have to have all the fun. Would've been nice to have a line of HHRs representing...
Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Just got back from two nice days on the coast, had a great time, met a lot of interesting people and I got to say Dale did an outstanding job of preparing and overseeing this whole event and took care of all the details that usually get forgotten but make for a much more pleasant time when not! 25 car turnout always makes for an interesting drive on hwy 1 and I hope no one was disappointed. Thanks Dale, we had a great time!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:14 PM

Terry, it was great meeting and hanging out with you and Connie. I can tell you that I was never a big fan of the SS until I saw your SS panel! That thing knocked me out! And I am surprised I didn't wreck on Saturday because I kept looking at it in my rear view mirror all day when I should have been watching the curves! But the HHRs led the way nicely all day! Sorry we missed you Sunday morning. I didn't want to come knocking on your door too early and then when I looked again you were gone.

It really is a shame that we couldn't get any more HHR people interested. It was a fantastic weekend with lots of great scenery, cars, food, prizes, and people. Actually when all was said and done we ended up with 30 cars and 56 people. And we raised almost $600 for St Jude (so far)! The online donation pages will be available for a few more weeks if anyone would like to make a tax-deductible donation to a great cause.

So anyway... here are a few pictures so all those who didn't make it can see what they missed.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:27 AM

Here is a little video clip featuring Terry's bad @$$ HHR SS. I found the camera that GDZHHR was selling that is intended for this kind of stuff but not in time for him to ship it for the Coast Run. So I had to use my Sticky Pod and normal video camera. The results were not as good as I had hoped. But there are a few nice shots of Terry's SS on the roll.

HHRs at the Coast Run

Is there a way to link the YouTube video in the thread on this forum? The usual way doesn't seem to work.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:32 PM

It worked great, Songman!! Thank you...but hey, how'd you take the vid - tie yourself to the hood of car #1?? Really nice.

LOL, I had to laugh that they let the HHRs lead out...bet that didn't last long!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 AM

I've got an external camera mount that I bought about 6 years ago specifically for the Coast Run. It's called a Sticky Pod. I had a little trouble with it this year. I think I need to condition the suction cups but it still worked pretty good. Just didn't have time to make sure the camera was set right. And I should have mounted it on the other side of the car too so we could see the ocean!

Actually, the HHRs led the entire way. Since it is my event there was nobody to overrule the decision! I led all the way up and about half way back and then we had to make a stop so Terry led the rest of the way back. I don't know what the deal was this year. I kept looking in the mirror and seeing only me and Terry or maybe the two of us and a couple of Fieros. We definitely didn't slow the pace any. I think a lot of people were impressed by how the HHRs handled the curves.

Hopefully we can get a few more HHRs involved next year. It was a really good time.

Quick Reply: California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010