South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Coast Run??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 09:53 AM

Lee, I'll PM you my phone number. Your schedule would put you pretty close to ours. If you want to meet up on 46 at James Dean Memorial we can work it out and go across the mountains together.

Glad you'll be joining us for a little while at least, Keith...
Old 08-15-2006, 09:59 AM

so many picture opportunities on the way to monterey...all of us might even end up in the next "Featured HHR of the Month"....woohooo!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
Lee, I'll PM you my phone number. Your schedule would put you pretty close to ours. If you want to meet up on 46 at James Dean Memorial we can work it out and go across the mountains together.
Thats where 41 and 46 come together is it not? I will be coming down 41... Been through there a couple times but don't remember if there is a place to meet? I will look for your PM and I will return my number to you also.......

This is sounding like more and more fun the closer it gets.... We go to rallies all the time but it with the Motor Home.. This will be our first with a car......
Old 08-16-2006, 10:58 AM

Yeah, Lee... The intersection of 41 and 46 is where James Dean was actually killed. You would merge right onto 46 West and about 300 yards down the road is a store/diner. The James Dean Memorial is in the parking lot. This is actually a town called Cholame but I have never seen anything around there but the store. I think the name of the place is the Jack Rabbit Diner or something like that.

I may be interested in some of your RV rallies soon. I am about to begin converting a bus into an RV.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:33 PM

Oh OK I know the place your talking about now...

As far as the RV rallies. I invite you to RV.net and go to Rallies, Shows and Gatherings and look at Mid Cal Sal Fall Rally Oct 6 & 7th, Also look at Monster Mash II Central Calif. Oct 27 thru 29th.. I am Lee in Calif.... You are welcome to lurk and not type or join in the fun.... We have been doing this for about 3 years now and have a great group and we WELCOME newbies... Newbies bring the beer ha ha ha ha.......

You may be able to find help doing your converting the bus on RV.Net also...

See ya Soon Lee
Old 08-17-2006, 02:06 PM

Sounds good, Lee. I'll check it out. Once I get the bus here I'm going to be needing good sources for parts too! Unfortunately I won't be able to make the runs you listed. Oct 27-29 is my other run up the coast with the Fieros.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:50 PM

Songman; I did a GPS to Jack Ranch Cafe and it's 170.9 miles from my house... LOL.... The says it will take me 2 hours 39 minutes to get there.... Hahahahaha...

I am thinking we would be at the Cafe around 4:30 friday.... Barring any traffic getting in my way..... If any one gets there around that time I will be in a Dark Gray HHR.......

My GPS also told me that I am 3 hours 45 minutes from my house to the Hotel

See ya soon Lee........
Old 08-20-2006, 12:45 AM

Yep.. Once you get to there it doesn't take long to get on over to the hotel...

You're a bit early for us. We won't be able to leave here till around 4:00 because my wife is a school teacher and won't be home from school till then. We're an hour and a half from Jack Ranch.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:33 AM

Well heck then.... We will adjust our timeing to meet ya there around 5:30... It will work out better for us cause we won't have to use the vacation time.... I'll give you call this afternoon.....

Anyone else going to be around there at that time?

We could roll into San Simeon as a group and impress the seagulls.......
Old 08-20-2006, 03:42 PM

Depends on the route the Southern folks take. If they come up 101, they can meet us in Paso Robles at the want for the trek over to the mountains. But if they come up the 1, we'll just meet them at the hotel.

It's gonna be a good weekend!

Quick Reply: Coast Run??