South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Cruisin' for a Cure 2007 SEPT 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 AM

Cruisin' for a Cure 2007 SEPT 22nd

This is always a huge car show, at the Orange County Fairgrounds.

http://www.cruisinforacure.com/index.html
Here's their blurb:

Welcome to Cruisin' For A Cure, the world's largest one day car show dedicated to helping find a cure for Prostate Cancer.
Last year there were over 3400 entries!

All of your entry fee goes directly to the UCLA Jonsson Cancer Center for prostate cancer research.....
not a penny goes to a car club, administration, or individuals!

I attended last year as a spectator and it was wonderful to see all the old cars and many many new ones also. It's not just for classic cars, although that's the gist - but also tons of modded and barely modded cars.

The entry fee is completely tax deductible, by the way.

Last year, there was a large PT Cruiser showing, and there were only one or 2 HHRs over with them. I am entering Mitzkity this year and hope to make some new friends while earning my sunburn!! Hopefully I won't take 400 photos this time around - that was a bit much.

You can start planning early - I will be there with or without you - but oh, so much more fun WITH YOU!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 AM

It is always good to have a cruise or car show for a good cause, I will check my calender and attend if possible. About 5 years ago with my 240z I participated in a Braille Rally. It was one of the most rewarding things I have every done, I will never forgot how excited the kids were to hear the cars and feel how they looked. I will try to get more info and see if we can get a group to participate.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:20 AM

I tried last year to get some interest from the HHR crowd to attend last year but had very little success. I wished there would have been more interest from the HHR crowd. I took my son's Chevelle last year instead, this was the first time I had attended the event. This is a awesome event and will be attending again this year but I will not be taking our HHR unless there is more interest from the HHR crowd. I will be taking my soon to be completed 67 Chevelle. If there is interest from more HHR owners, may be we'll take both cars.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:08 AM

I'm All Registered --- don't make me be all alone!

Okay, well I can't miss this big event - it's just too cool, walking among all those hundreds of cars and chatting with the owners, showing off your ride, eating all that great food....hey, you can even get your prostate checked free!! The money is a donation for "the cure", you know.

Anyway, I wrote to PTeazer and they were so nice...they welcomed me to join the PT group for parking if I was the only little HHR, but they had an HHR there last year and I just bet I'm not the only one.

J.T. - hope to see you there, and others too.

Socal-ers: All you have to do is have done some mods and call yourself "custom" and you're IN!!! But registration is starting NOW. They have way over a 1000 already. Hubby's Magnum was #948.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by HHRnoPT
I tried last year to get some interest from the HHR crowd to attend last year but had very little success. I wished there would have been more interest from the HHR crowd. I took my son's Chevelle last year instead, this was the first time I had attended the event. This is a awesome event and will be attending again this year but I will not be taking our HHR unless there is more interest from the HHR crowd. I will be taking my soon to be completed 67 Chevelle. If there is interest from more HHR owners, may be we'll take both cars.
I could sure use the company, noPT!!

And HNEWAGN - you too - I want to meet the whole family this time.

And Sindy? You wouldn't miss this, would you, you RARE HHR?

1HOTHHR? Fear1? Snakepit?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Founding Member

Here is the entry form link:
Participant Entry Form
http://www.cruisinforacure.com/entry_forms.htm

It's kinda hard to find, the page is so 'busy' with info!

Great, now I have the entry form page, now I need ink for my printer....

C'mon SoCal peeps, $40 bucks, that's easy!
Old 05-20-2007, 04:21 PM

Since the Cruise is designed to raise money for a cure couldn't you write off your entry cost
Old 05-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Since the Cruise is designed to raise money for a cure couldn't you write off your entry cost
Ab-so-rut-ry
Old 05-21-2007, 11:44 AM

It looks like we will be going to this event. It sounds like a blast. Show and shine in the day, cruisen in the evening and maybe some races at night.
NOW THATS A GREAT DAY
See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 PM

I talked to Debbie, she's the lady that started this event and she said if we all drove in together, then we would be able to all park together. They open the gates at 4:30 AM. now thats early, but if you want a good spot then those are the rules. The host hotel is the Doubletree Hotel, its about 10 minutes from the fair grounds, I'm going to stay there. We could us that spot as a G2G spot, then cruise down in the we hours of the cool morning to the fair grounds. It sounds like fun, so lightem up and lets go cruisen.

See ya donw the road

Bud / Harvey

Quick Reply: Cruisin' for a Cure 2007 SEPT 22nd