South Pacific CA, NV, HI

July and SoCal HHR's

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:59 PM

No Worries, Kris!
A lot of us are on line all day and can be post-happy.
I'm up for just about anything really.
But it did seem most folks just wanted to meet up to meet up. Maybe the duck-park where we had the neutering for a 'que? It was pretty and shady..

Work is VERY busy too & School is killing me and putting a dent in my wallet (just got my car registration today--the first one!). Don't get much $ as a doctoral student

Just a thought about the park.

And YoChris--we'll find something for us all to do! Want to see that gorgeous SS of yours!

@ngelita...
Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 AM

I hear ya about the registration I will be having books here soon for my daughter for the fall. Well I am up for anything. I will see about some other things. I know there is a car show in October for Oceanview High School (my son's almamater) that Todd and Tim did last year I will be getting info on that soon.

I might be down Long Beach way this weekend my sister is camping down there this weekend. Is there anywhere maybe near the aquarium we could do a bar-b que or maybe down Elle's way.

Kris
Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 AM

There is that large park off the 60 whats it called? maybe whittier narrows I think thats it. It has lots of trees and parking, just a thought?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:23 AM

Sorry, I meant car registration! That is the cost of one book!
Luckily this is a Cal State and not the private uni with an over-rated football team...the cost of one year there is almost the cost of my whole program at LB!

Where is she going to school? Remember, I work at a university and know the in's and out's of financial aid, etc...hit me up girl!

I think I am getting my new grill this weekend...and, er, <cough>, I did get a spare one today
Old 06-26-2008, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by afs9
Sorry, I meant car registration! That is the cost of one book!
Luckily this is a Cal State and not the private uni with an over-rated football team...the cost of one year there is almost the cost of my whole program at LB!

Where is she going to school? Remember, I work at a university and know the in's and out's of financial aid, etc...hit me up girl!

I think I am getting my new grill this weekend...and, er, <cough>, I did get a spare one today
She is at OCC for the fall and transferring to Cal State Fullerton in the spring that is the one that will realy get me.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by lyntmr61
She is at OCC for the fall and transferring to Cal State Fullerton in the spring that is the one that will realy get me.
You did the FAFSA yes? I was 31 when I transferred to Berkeley and got a free ride on tuition for 3 years. I worked 2-3 jobs to pay rent and buy books, but still had to take out loans...

At least as a transfer she is done in 2 years (I got greedy and wanted to stay 3 so I double majored-then stayed another 9 years to work there! )

Good for her! Go Titans!
I <3 CalState!

I'll PM you some questions...manana!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by afs9
You did the FAFSA yes? I was 31 when I transferred to Berkeley and got a free ride on tuition for 3 years. I worked 2-3 jobs to pay rent and buy books, but still had to take out loans...

At least as a transfer she is done in 2 years (I got greedy and wanted to stay 3 so I double majored-then stayed another 9 years to work there! )

Good for her! Go Titans!
I <3 CalState!

I'll PM you some questions...manana!
Yes Fafsa done
Old 06-26-2008, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by JayKWills
There is that large park off the 60 whats it called? maybe whittier narrows I think thats it. It has lots of trees and parking, just a thought?
I think that is Legg Lake?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 AM

Dana Point Harbor. Dana Drive
view, trees, parking and bbqs Just off 5fwy
consider it
curtsy
E'
Attached Images  
Old 06-26-2008, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ratzilla
Dana Point Harbor. Dana Drive
view, trees, parking and bbqs Just off 5fwy