South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Lower HHR grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:11 AM

Thats one of the best mods that has been done for the last 2 years.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM

out of curiosity, what exactly did you use to make that? do you happen to have a write-up?
Old 04-21-2008, 01:40 PM

Todd, the real thing looks better than my photoshop!

I am thinking of leaving the mesh silver on mine and doing the letters in Black?
The Aluminium mesh will not rust either.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:04 PM

What I like about the lower grille mods is that not only do they look cool, they genuinely serve a purpose. Ask John, Suburban Jr. about what it costs to replace a radiator or AC condensor. It is surprising that GM doesnt put something there from the factory.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by TkHHR
Todd, the real thing looks better than my photoshop!

I am thinking of leaving the mesh silver on mine and doing the letters in Black?
The Aluminium mesh will not rust either.
Tim I owe you big time, so if you like it, and can make the reverse sticker, I can tape off the rest and paint it, I'll get the same material that Elle got, and put even more clamps on the top. The only thing is that I wrapped it around the edges and only put in one small screw in the middle to hold it in because I need to take it out easily for the bra. I will not drill into your car LOL, you need to do that. BTW, the rear beauty bar looks pretty good, post pics now. Todd(Uma)
Old 04-21-2008, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by furious
out of curiosity, what exactly did you use to make that? do you happen to have a write-up?
This thread should take care of what you need. Easy to do and inexpensive too.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods-exterior-55/my-%241-08-lower-grille-mod-shaggy-shaggy-has-new-teeth-3052/
Old 04-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by furious
Seriously, I did the easy work. My friend Elle(Ratzilla) did hers without the "HHR" on it. I liked it so much, that she gave her extra material. Rain gutter cover from lowes or home depot? It comes in strips about 4" by 3' with clamps on one side that just happen to fit nicely on the inside of the lower grille. I wrapped the rest around the edges of the bottom grille and fastened with one screw on the bottom. Tim(TkHHR) who makes all our stickers for SoCal HHR's, made me the overlay for the material. really quite easy. Todd(Uma)
Old 04-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Uma

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
Thats one of the best mods that has been done for the last 2 years.
Thanks Tom, that is quite a compliment coming from you. I have seen you on here forever just never replied. Thanks Todd(Uma)
Old 04-22-2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Uma
Seriously, I did the easy work. My friend Elle(Ratzilla) did hers without the "HHR" on it. I liked it so much, that she gave her extra material. Rain gutter cover from lowes or home depot? Todd(Uma)
I got it at Lowe's. They had plenty of plastic stuff but finally found the right one. Came in a pack and was about 6 bucks. Ruined one, used one and gave 3 away. I like how your's looks Todd, great work !

Saw the idea when we were at Autobarn with the ecotech group. One had it done on his and it looked hot.

will know more about daughter's back after ortho doc today and she has recovered from the bug thankfully.

curtsy
Elle'
Old 04-30-2008, 05:39 PM

That is great.... I wanna do dat 2

Quick Reply: Lower HHR grille