South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Official SoCal HHR Rear Wiper Removal Clinic

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
XXL

Originally Posted by afs9
Sure.
Instead of "Oops, sorry about that. I thought we had mentioned that in the post I referenced above. Looks like it was just an obscure black dot in a picture and no indication it came from the door. Thanks for pointing out the source of the plug for others to benefit from."

I guess I'm not part of your 'in crowd.'
Old 09-03-2008, 11:11 PM

Official SoCal HHR Rear Wiper Removal Clinic

Just Say "NO" to Plugs!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by DLVRNIT
That picture of your gorgeous panel is in Alameda isn't it? I used to go to the little dog park every weekend with my Maximo--we loved it there. I lived in Berkeley, then Rockridge, Montclair and the Oak Knoll areas. I loved Oakland...

@ngelita...
Old 09-04-2008, 12:24 AM

Nice Panel

Although real handy with a welder and filling holes ( Well over 150 filled, ground and smoothed on my 55 F100 ) Plugs come in handy and are a real nice solution for those that plan on trading their HHR for an SS or generally not keeping it forever. This way it's oh so easy to remount that fugly rear wiper.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by afs9
That picture of your gorgeous panel is in Alameda isn't it? I used to go to the little dog park every weekend with my Maximo--we loved it there. I lived in Berkeley, then Rockridge, Montclair and the Oak Knoll areas. I loved Oakland...

@ngelita...
It's the San Leandro Marina as a Matter of Fact! I Noticed Your Cal Berkley Avatar. Bears Held on this Past Weekend Against Michigan State, (I Am a "BIG" Bears Fan), Damn Tree Huggers, LOL... I Am Just on the Backside of Knowlend Park Zoo, (Upperside 580 and 106th Ave). I've Lived in East Bay My Whole Life! The Bay Area is So Hectic and Not Much HHR Activity. Your HHR is Coming Along Great and Your Group Seems Like a Great Bunch of People and Maybe a Duck or Two... If Im Ever am in the Area Will Give You a Heads Up and Maybe Time it with a So Cal Get Together...

Kevin and Bonnie Drake

Last edited by DLVRNIT; 09-04-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Although real handy with a welder and filling holes ( Well over 150 filled, ground and smoothed on my 55 F100 ) Plugs come in handy and are a real nice solution for those that plan on trading their HHR for an SS or generally not keeping it forever. This way it's oh so easy to remount that fugly rear wiper.
Sure Do Wish I Lived Where People were So Pasionate with there HHR's. Once I Removed the Wiper Arm, Motor and Squirter, to the Trash All Parts Went! I Figured I'm Either Gonna Total It or Take It to My Grave!!!

Kevin and Bonnie Drake

Last edited by DLVRNIT; 09-04-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:01 AM

It's the San Leandro Marina as a Matter of Fact! I Noticed Your Cal Berkley Avatar. Bears Held on this Past Weekend Against Michigan State, (I Am a "BIG" Bears Fan), Damn Tree Huggers, LOL... I Am Just on the Backside of Knowlend Park Zoo, (Upperside 580 and 106th Ave). I've Lived in East Bay My Whole Life! The Bay Area is So Hectic and Not Much HHR Activity. Your HHR is Coming Along Great and Your Group Seems Like a Great Bunch of People and Maybe a Duck or Two... If Im Ever am in the Area Will Give You a Heads Up and Maybe Time it with a So Cal Get Together...

Kevin and Bonnie "DLVRNIT" Drake
Nice! I liked San Leandro and did all my shopping there--that would have been my next place to move to if I had stayed. I'm a CAL Alumna (96) and worked on campus for 12 years before transferring UC's to be with the Anteaters. I'm an OC native... And yes, i am also a LONG suffering fan of our football team..so close last year, so close...

Thanks for the kind words on my Blackie! We're an informal group down here with no pretentions and everyone is welcome at the g2g's. We all get along and if you ask for help, we will gladly pass on the info--or help you take off that infernal rear-wiper!

@ngelita
Old 09-04-2008, 01:03 AM

Yes Kevin, we certainly are! You are among many HHR'rs that have the forever plan and that's awesome. From the looks of your pic, you did a great job too. We'd love to have you guys come down and join us sometime as we get together often. I have made some terrific friends here and look forward to seeing them.

Don
Old 09-04-2008, 01:06 AM

"We all get along and if you ask for help, we will gladly pass on the info--or help you take off that infernal rear-wiper!"

Um, Ang? look closely, Kevin went all the way removing his. Filled in the holes!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Um, Ang? look closely, Kevin went all the way removing his. Filled in the holes!
Yes Don, I did see that--just a reference to the fact we always rip something out for someone when we g2g...another attempt at humor failing miserably...

@...too wired from class to sleep...

Quick Reply: Official SoCal HHR Rear Wiper Removal Clinic