South Pacific CA, NV, HI

So Cal gets Kicked out of Sonic!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:33 PM

So Cal gets Kicked out of Sonic!

So we all gather at Sonic Burger in Anaheim, and they tell us they wont take our orders, we can’t park in their lot. They refused to serve us, we don’t serve car clubs! Can you believe that they turned away 13 cars and at least 30 people. It’s the first time I’ve been asked to leave a place of business. See what happens we you join a club automatic stereo typing! Ya we really look like a bunch of rowdy hooligans! SO we found a nice small mom and pop place that served bugers so big Doc (Jason) couldn't finish his. We all have a great time removed 1 rear wiper and replaced 1 front grill. Ya we're cool like that
Old 06-21-2008, 11:49 PM

I know that the Sonic are a franchise, but I would send a letter to their corporate office telling them about what happened. That just seems like poor customer service. If any thing they should have worked out a specific date and time for you guys to come. Heck I think it would help drum up business for them.?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Platinum Member

If you have the time....I would picket.

Unfair to "CLEAN" car clubs". Particularly since the business is dependant on cars.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:08 AM

I agree. I would definitely write a letter to Sonic headquarters. I have never heard of a Sonic that didn't want car clubs and cruises. The one near my house has been host to some of my gatherings. They just ask that I let them know in advance when we are coming and approximately how many so they can have enough staff to handle it.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:20 AM

According to their website...they want to know about your experience at Sonic...I'd let them know. Got this info off their site.

If you would like to talk to someone about your experience at a SONIC® Drive-In, please call this toll-free number, 1-866-OK-SONIC (1-866-657-6642). Operators are available seven days each week from 8:00 a.m. to midnight, EST. This toll-free number is provided exclusively by SONIC Franchisees as owners and operators of SONIC Drive-Ins.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 AM

Alas...still a Sonic-virgin.

It's the only one in OC it seems. The manager had her reasons--not for me to question.

Ended up at the place we had originally talked about, a cool mom & pop (AJ's) that was more then willing and able to handle us rowdy HHRoligans and totally dug that we were there.

We even had a nice looking white HHR that had been driving by, stop in to check us out and chat for awhile!

But dang, it's STILL hot out! almost 10.30 and it's still 80 something!

Regardless, GREAT turnout and met some GREAT NEW FOLKS!!!

I <3 SoCAL HHR's!

@ngelita
Old 06-22-2008, 02:22 AM

This place serves a drink called The Rte 66 size and they dont like car clubs?

WTF is that about. Kim pretty much said it all. I for one was really surprised at Sonic's attitude toward car clubs. I can only assume that they've had bad experiences in the past. The gal that came out to talk with us said that Sonic frowns on club gatherings at least at that location. 30 ppl, spending about $7 each, that's no chump change.

AJ's, where we ended up got our money and Im glad they did. Nice small place that was really appreciative of our business.

Sonic's ordering procedure leaves alot to be desired as well. You call it in over an intercom 2 orders at a time. There were at least 10 other patrons waiting around for a response from the order taker person. So not cool.

*** Um. WTH is an HHRooligan? ***

SoCal HHR's say BOO to Sonic's
Old 06-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Uma

Originally Posted by afs9
It's the only one in OC it seems. The manager had her reasons--not for me to question.

Ended up at the place we had originally talked about, a cool mom & pop (AJ's) that was more then willing and able to handle us rowdy HHRoligans and totally dug that we were there.

We even had a nice looking white HHR that had been driving by, stop in to check us out and chat for awhile!

But dang, it's STILL hot out! almost 10.30 and it's still 80 something!

Regardless, GREAT turnout and met some GREAT NEW FOLKS!!!

I <3 SoCAL HHR's!

@ngelita
Oh, it was hot! And damn, we are a rowdy bunch! We really need to turn it down a notch. It was almost embarrassing...with the burnouts, donuts, and beer guzzling going on! Well, at least we found a place to feed us. Great day, Todd (Uma)
Old 06-22-2008, 02:53 AM

Sonic Chairman of the Board:

J. Clifford Hudson
Sonic Corp.
300 Johnny Bench Drive
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104

Letter sent!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:49 AM

The Sonic where I used to live had both inside dining and dining from your car. Which were you guys trying to do? While I understand it would have been nice to notify the Sonic ahead of time of a large group, the way it was handled by the manager sounds very unprofessional.

Quick Reply: So Cal gets Kicked out of Sonic!