SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

It's true LSD for auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Premium Member

It's true LSD for auto

Foolmoon was right !! They will make LSD for our auto's is anyone else interrested in one perhapse we can get a better price if we come for more than one. Do any of you have any idea what to expect on installing it ??
Old 01-15-2011, 11:13 AM

Put me in. Hopefully, they can knock the price down a bit.

Dave
Old 01-15-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
Foolmoon was right !! They will make LSD for our auto's is anyone else interrested in one perhapse we can get a better price if we come for more than one. Do any of you have any idea what to expect on installing it ??
Pfft, if you had a manual, you could've gotten the factory LSD, like me :p
Old 01-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Premium Member

I have to sit in too many traffic jams I'll just have to add it.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:21 PM

I'm possibly interested.

How much $$ are they asking?
For the whole job soup to nuts or just parts?
Old 01-15-2011, 01:46 PM

Companies have offered LS for many GM transaxles.

Be forwarned that GM did not offer it for a reason. Odds are the extra stress may do damage to half shafts CV joints or the tranny. If could effect the life of these parts depending how strong they are. Most racers are willing to add LS because they expect to break parts but the the guy with the daily driver.

This is common on many of todays cars as they are not over built and often one upgrade requires another to keep everything together. I see this daily at work.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Companies have offered LS for many GM transaxles.

Be forwarned that GM did not offer it for a reason. Odds are the extra stress may do damage to half shafts CV joints or the tranny. If could effect the life of these parts depending how strong they are. Most racers are willing to add LS because they expect to break parts but the the guy with the daily driver.

This is common on many of todays cars as they are not over built and often one upgrade requires another to keep everything together. I see this daily at work.

so the manual tranmission cars have all different stuff just in case they option in the LSD ? I haven't heard of any of them twisting up parts,seems like the opposite could be true to add the stg-1 50+ hp more to one side maybe I am way off on what the LSD does,I thought it split the power to both sides.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:09 PM

I shut off the ESB , And have no trouble launching, And do not have lsd.
It's a finese game.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Premium Member

Done that, after the upper mount can keep it floored and it doesn't break loose going into second just thought two tires pulling would be better. Would probably be looking for another 50hp if it didn't spin when launching. It's a circular thing isn't it ?? Think I'll ask the guy if he has any customers running them to ask about it.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
so the manual tranmission cars have all different stuff just in case they option in the LSD ? I haven't heard of any of them twisting up parts,seems like the opposite could be true to add the stg-1 50+ hp more to one side maybe I am way off on what the LSD does,I thought it split the power to both sides.
I am not sure what all they have changed on the HHR. But on other GM FWD and the Fiero they often use different axles and the manual trannys will often take more torque than the auto trannys.

As for the manuals they may or may not use the same axles. Odds are they did with or with out LSD. It is just something you should check.

With new cars today never assume they are all using the same parts and often they put in parts that are only strong enough for what is needed.

Quick Reply: It's true LSD for auto