SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Long story short,,, I NEED to find a SS cat converter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Glad to read it's over with. Ride On.....
Got that right

My face hurt from the drive home, with me smiling/grinnin' so much

Ya don't know how good it feels to see it in the driveway again,, well mebbe you folks do LOL.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:44 PM

Update to what i thought was the end of all this:

40 minutes/miles(the next day) after i took the car home from the dealer got the ol' "check engine" light again,, took it back in, the blamed it on one of the o2 sensors (mebbe junk got on it ) cleared the code and sent me home.

Again same thing check engine light comes on, back to the dealership, reset and tell me a new sensor is ordered.New one comes in, gets replaced,, and you prob guessed right, light comes on at about the same time AGAIN! Now, they blame the ECM, find one up in Chi-town and i bring the SS back on a day i'm off work (in case the relearn/reboot of ECM goes bad and they need extra time to fix 'er up) It did not, and after 24 hrs and a week later w/ NO more problems, I'm now a happy camper with getting my car back as it was b4

So now i make copies(4) of my bills (that i paid in cash for)of the initial tank o' gas,the dealership's bill , and the rental car bill ($1100+) throw in the total spent and highlite it and throw it in a envelope and take it to the station. I expected some level of things not going smoothly from this,and after dropping it off on a Weds, i get my mail of Friday, and lo and behold i see a envelope from the station, and figure it's a "we dispute "XXXXX"charges and are not going to pay them " kinda thing.... Go figger , i had a check for the WHOLE amount i put out for all this! Along with a handwritten apology "for any inconvenience this caused you" .
(Along with a $100 BP gas card, tho i think i will spend THAT at the mini-mart inside and stay away from the gas pumps there, just cuz)

So things are good now, the check cleared LOL, and i'm back to having my black baby back like it was
I did move a vacation week up (this week) and plans still are to spoil her with a oil change and detail , top to bottom.

Guess when you expect trouble (getting re-reimbursed) big time, once inna while that part of it goes smooth and painless.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:25 PM

Congrats glad to see it all worked out in the end.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member

Congratulations, and a nice piece of work. Glad everything worked out to your satisfaction and hope it is the last of any problems.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

Glad you got some $'s back after all that

Good stuff man!!! Yup, never hurts to ask whether it be the gas station, the dealer etc., - keep it low key, reasonable, yet assertive, and also very important: keep your paperwork, keep your paperwork, keep your paperwork!!!

Glad it worked out for you - now go get a slurpy at their store on them.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:01 PM

Just a update:

NO problems with it since i left the dealership last!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 AM

Excellent! I remember reading this thread back then and thought "Oh no he's got problems again?" when I saw a new post here. I'm happy to see that everything's OK.

Later
Allex