SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Motor mounts for the ss auto?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor

More in stock!
Old 01-23-2019, 05:11 PM
Former Sponsor

More shipping out.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:51 PM

Mine arrived last week. Not installed yet.
thanks Aaron
Old 04-16-2019, 04:40 PM
Former Sponsor

More shipping out.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:44 AM

Hello Aron,

i have a problem with your Auto engine mount.

The forward bolt hole is too close to the bend to use the stock nut. The stock nut is a combo nut/washer and it would not fit.

When I first put the nut on and it started to go but after 2 threads it popped off because it hit the side. Took me an hour to fix the threads.

i didn’t want to drill out the mount til I heard from you. The aft hole is drilled in the middle of the mound. The forward hole is drilled to the side more so.

see my attached pic for details.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pretzel
Hello Aron,

i have a problem with your Auto engine mount.

The forward bolt hole is too close to the bend to use the stock nut. The stock nut is a combo nut/washer and it would not fit.

When I first put the nut on and it started to go but after 2 threads it popped off because it hit the side. Took me an hour to fix the threads.

i didn’t want to drill out the mount til I heard from you. The aft hole is drilled in the middle of the mound. The forward hole is drilled to the side more so.

see my attached pic for details.

Replied to your email, never have we this before, ever... Only thing I can conclude is if you are not the original owner, someone installed a larger diameter nut/washer than normal on your HHR at one point.

Fix is to sand the washer down a little, as it will not take much.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member

Mine was a tight fit also on my 5 speed. Just do as Aaron said and file down the washer a little bit. That's what I did.
Do Not try and redrill the hole in the mount. That would cause the mount to sit a little ****eyed from where it's supposed to.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Mine was a tight fit also on my 5 speed. Just do as Aaron said and file down the washer a little bit. That's what I did.
Do Not try and redrill the hole in the mount. That would cause the mount to sit a little ****eyed from where it's supposed to.
Correct, do not drill, hole must be there to be aligned straight/perpendicular to the engine. Bases on these mounts are both the exact same, it is the upper engine support component that is different between auto and manual trans.

It obviously is a faction of interference being the nut started a couple threads. we know it is close, as it must be, as it transfers the structural load thru this point.

file/sand the washer a bit, or get a smaller washer for $.25 and a new nut (it is metric) .

First make sure you are not connecting the mount to the engine, and not installing the other base nut tight. Get this nut on and tight first, before you install any other fasteners. Pull the TTR mount base to allow max clearance in that area also, as there is a little play in the hole to stud size.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:34 PM

Aron: I grinned the nut/washer a bit and all is OK.
@firemangeorge I seen in your picture that your forward nut washer was a bit smaller so thank you very much for the reply.

Cheers!
Old 04-19-2019, 05:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Sounds great, thanks for the update.

Quick Reply: Motor mounts for the ss auto?