SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

My front sway bar bushings are shot

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Well it's not like they have no standards! We're not talking about a Mexican car company that develops and makes cars in Mexico...we're talking about cars that are designed in America, Germany, or wherever depending on the model...then they are made to specifications in a state of the art facility which is identical to one in the US.
Anyways....there is no point going on and on about this as it is obviously a difference of opinions
Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scrivs
Anyways....there is no point going on and on about this as it is obviously a difference of opinions
Agree to disagree
Old 09-03-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Agree to disagree
Absolutely
Old 09-03-2010, 02:19 PM

My bushings are shot too. Being replaced next week. Love the speed and handling......but cant wait to get rid of the car as well.Too many boost issues didnt sit well with me.......that and it was a bit overpriced....which is the norm for GM cars. Sorry....just my opinion.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by gmdealerguy
My bushings are shot too. Being replaced next week. Love the speed and handling......but cant wait to get rid of the car as well.Too many boost issues didnt sit well with me.......that and it was a bit overpriced....which is the norm for GM cars. Sorry....just my opinion.
I think the problem with the HHR SS is they just didn't sell that many of them and the platform is now done, with plans to go a different direction.

Had this been 10 years ago GM probably would have worked out a fix for the boost issues and some of the other less than reliable parts, (including the computer management), but now they're content to let the SS die and if you can't make it work sell it or trade it.

Gone are the days where any large company invests in spare parts (even problematic ones) with the thought that you "may" need them. They're are posts after posts of SS owners waiting months for a turbo fix and I don't really think it will ever come, unless you have a dealer that is willing to order a whole new turbo unit for just one part.

The thing is short of buying a Audi S4 avant, they're really is no small, fast wagons on the market, in fact they're few wagons sold in the U.S. anyway.

So I'm with you, love the car, don't like or have time for the issues and I would give anything if I'd never upgraded to the stage 1 kit. Just buy trifecta and forget about the warranty.

The HHR SS is reliable car if you drive it slow, less reliable if you drive it fast and if you drive really fast, it will break really fast.

IMO

J.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:06 PM

It's pretty much gone. I trade her in tomorrow. I don't think I'll look back.

I will however have snows for sale soon!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:45 PM

The Toyota Prius is the worst new vehicle I have ever driven. We have 3 in our work fleet. The batteries in 2 of them have gone for a replacement cost of $3500 each (still under warranty, luckily, but wait until that runs out).

Engage the car in reverse and you hear an electronic BEEP BEEP BEEP... INSIDE the vehicle!! WHat the hell is that???? I don't need beeping to tell me that the car is in reverse when I am the one that engaged the 'R' on the shifter!! R = reverse... most people get that without needing to hear beeping inside their heads!!

Stomp the gas to enter the freeway.... and wait...... 1... 2.... OK, THERE it goes.... The mice are slow to turn the wheels under the hood....

Terrible ergonomics...

And don't let them fool you on the fuel economy. It isn't what they claim in real world driving.

Buy a VW Golf TDI. Excellent fuel economy, better reliability, better power.... MUCH better car.

Sorry about the anti-Prius rant. But those things are crap.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:24 PM

At 22k I just had the battery replaced. That's all so far.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe
The Toyota Prius is the worst new vehicle I have ever driven. We have 3 in our work fleet. The batteries in 2 of them have gone for a replacement cost of $3500 each (still under warranty, luckily, but wait until that runs out).

Engage the car in reverse and you hear an electronic BEEP BEEP BEEP... INSIDE the vehicle!! WHat the hell is that???? I don't need beeping to tell me that the car is in reverse when I am the one that engaged the 'R' on the shifter!! R = reverse... most people get that without needing to hear beeping inside their heads!!

Stomp the gas to enter the freeway.... and wait...... 1... 2.... OK, THERE it goes.... The mice are slow to turn the wheels under the hood....

Terrible ergonomics...

And don't let them fool you on the fuel economy. It isn't what they claim in real world driving.

Buy a VW Golf TDI. Excellent fuel economy, better reliability, better power.... MUCH better car.

Sorry about the anti-Prius rant. But those things are crap.

18K miles on my wifes and it's been in for oil changes.

Let's see, there is this thing called a POWER BUTTON that makes it go to get on the highway, no waiting needed.

At purchase time you tell them to turn the beep to a single one. Why the continuous is beyond me but it's fixable.

Ergonomics are fine for me.

Fuel Economy? We drove to NYC and back and I calculated 50.5 HWY. I get 25ish in the HHR. So much for the 29 sticker huh?

The VW's I have driven have sucked. They have NO ergonomics. IMHO.

So I leased a Prius and am happy with it. Do I care if you like them? Nope. All I know is my POS HHR SS is gone.

FWIW, I drove the following:
BMW
Caddy
Chevy
Ford
Lincoln
Nissan
Volvo
VW
Other Toyota's
Many of each manufacturer and I'm sure I missed some.

Over 20 cars in all. None fit. I hope for an electric car in 3 years.

All I have left is a set of snows to sell.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:20 PM

Dust to Dust comparison. Look it up. Cause your Prius is almost as bad as a Hummer H2 to the enviorment. Total impact to envoirment for whole life cycle of a particular vehicle.... Jeep Wrangler is higher than a prius!

Not to mention the farce of your massive fuel savings economics....Minimal in comparison to price paid for car of similar quality and size that would still get 32 mpg and be less impactful over its lifetime. No wonder you are selling you SS. You know nothing about cars.....

Quick Reply: My front sway bar bushings are shot