SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

New SS TSB

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 AM

Does this TSB apply to the auto as well as the 5 speed?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by CarlsSS
Hmmm... I had a engine light come on in my SS this morning. It was the first time it didn't start on the first crank. Seemed strange with it cranking away for 3 seconds or so after I let go of the key!

When I tried it again it started, but seemed like it was running a little rough at first and it had a message on the display saying "Reduced engine Power". The engine symbol was illuminated as well.
Shut it off again and I checked the code with my actron OBDII code reader. It was • DTC P0335: Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Circuit. I did not reset the code as I want it to be there when I take it to the dealer.

When I restarted it the message was gone, but the light was still on. Took it for a drive and it seemes normal... I was going to drive it to Rockford today, but now unsure.

Only significant thing I did yesterday since I drove it last is the battery was run down when I was listening to the XM radio while working outside. The radio started cutting in/out and I hooked up my charger to it for a few hrs. before I put it away for the night. I never restarted it till this morning. I wonder if this temp. power loss had anything to do with it? ChevyMgr, any feelings on that?

CarlsSS, my CEL seems exactly like the one you had. Although the boost that the turbo makes, seems to be MUCH higher than normal. What did they do to your HHR SS to fix it? Mine is automatic.

Last edited by HHR_SS_QC; 04-26-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:42 PM

In my case I had none of the higher boost numbers that you are talking about. I just had a P0335 code come up intermittently. The reprogrammed my ECM with the latest firmware and all was good after that...
Old 04-26-2009, 09:55 PM

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:17 PM

I am wondering if this is my problem! I started it today after yet another low battery incident [Battery tests good, needs charging] and the display said engine PWR reduced. The CEL has been on for about a week. It would barely move and I couldn't get over 20mph. I haven't tried it again yet.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by egadgetguy
I am wondering if this is my problem! I started it today after yet another low battery incident [Battery tests good, needs charging] and the display said engine PWR reduced. The CEL has been on for about a week. It would barely move and I couldn't get over 20mph. I haven't tried it again yet.
This thread is about a TSB for the SS and the 2.0 turbo. Don't think you have an SS do you?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
This thread is about a TSB for the SS and the 2.0 turbo. Don't think you have an SS do you?
Excuse me, but I was responding to the engine power reduced problem. It's common to all HHR models as far as I can tell.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Premium Member

I don't know Eagle, the SS's seem to do a bunch more of the throw codes and reduced power. The turbo has lots of things that fail, seems once they are diagnosed, they get fixed, Gasman and Sunflowerhippy not withstanding, they did not get fixed.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by firemangeorge

Originally Posted by egadgetguy
Excuse me, but I was responding to the engine power reduced problem. It's common to all HHR models as far as I can tell.

Thanks
What firemangeorge is saying is that the reprogramming mentioned in this thread will only work on an SS. You may have the same problem, just not the same fix.

I suggest you start a new thread in the Problems/Service Issue forum. But without codes nobody will be able to help. You can get the code read at some of the parts stores for free. Check out your local parts stores. Get the code, post it up and we can possibly lead you in the right direction.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:40 PM

My reduced engine power light came on I took it to two duffrent shops and it keeps doing the same thing... It will start but it feels like its not getting gas and it cuts out and dies.... I dnt know what more to do or where to take it..