SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

No boost problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 PM

No boost problem

I am having an issue with my SS. After a few minutes on the road the car won't boost, it will not go over 0 boost. Is there anyone with this issue. I turn the car off and it will work again but only for a few minutes.

I have a few mods: Dejon intake, CIA catless downpipe, borla exhaust.

PLEASE HELP.............
Old 12-14-2011, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by LMOSHHR
I am having an issue with my SS. After a few minutes on the road the car won't boost, it will not go over 0 boost. Is there anyone with this issue. I turn the car off and it will work again but only for a few minutes.

I have a few mods: Dejon intake, CIA catless downpipe, borla exhaust.

PLEASE HELP.............
It's in "limp mode"

Are you tuned for any of your mods? If not...the intake alone will throw you into limp mode....mine has been going into limp mode as well because of my Dejon SRI....it hasn't been tuned for it yet
Old 12-14-2011, 06:50 AM

It could be a lot of things; Does your check engine light come on? It should after a few times going into limp mode. The code should help you figure out where to look next.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:51 AM

Kiss is right remove the Intake, until you are tuned for it. Some (like myself) have not had problems adding an intake after the GMTU, most will still see a code until 2nd tune HPT or Trifecta..... the others are just snake oil, or canned tunes(BSR)
Old 12-14-2011, 03:05 PM

I installed the intake at 10,000 miles, the car has 69,000 miles. Does the low tire pressure indicator have anything to do with LIMP MODE. This problem occured once the indicator came on.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by LMOSHHR
I installed the intake at 10,000 miles, the car has 69,000 miles. Does the low tire pressure indicator have anything to do with LIMP MODE. This problem occured once the indicator came on.
hmmm.....that's kinda weird. I highly doubt the car would go in limp mode because of the tire PSI.

So...you've had the Dejon SRI on the car for about 59,000 miles since the car went into limp mode? Also....did it throw any codes at all?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 PM

Not a low tire issue, last week I had the light go on with 26 psi in the tire and still could spool her up. I have loose boost sometimes becasue the bypass sticks open or dosent seat right and it light out until I turn it off. I have had the POS spring replaced 4 times (under warranty so its on the house :)
Old 12-14-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by BZERKED
Not a low tire issue, last week I had the light go on with 26 psi in the tire and still could spool her up. I have loose boost sometimes becasue the bypass sticks open or dosent seat right and it light out until I turn it off. I have had the POS spring replaced 4 times (under warranty so its on the house :)
Bzerked,

You hit the nail on the coffin. That is exactly what is happening to my car. It spools, but no boost. The POS spring was the cause of the issue.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:01 PM

When I finally found a GM tech that was turbo-smart he was telling me that they can stick open from time to time and if you turn it off it comes right back... LOL
I am going to swap it with a Forge unit shortly. Maybe Santa would be a champ and hook me up.....
Old 12-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BZERKED
When I finally found a GM tech that was turbo-smart he was telling me that they can stick open from time to time and if you turn it off it comes right back... LOL
I am going to swap it with a Forge unit shortly. Maybe Santa would be a champ and hook me up.....
Only if Santa is turbo-smart.

Quick Reply: No boost problem