SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Valve tap already????

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by TucsonHHRSS
hyperV6
Yes, that did cross my mind, maybe the learning curve with the tapping was fortunate in that it lead to the discovery of the fuse block problem - a silver lining one might say.

Paul
If they have any info on the fuse block you might post what you can here. If you have one there should be more that need to know.

I have worked on cars for years and been involved with many different auto systems. I still work in the performance aftermarket. THis car has had noises I never had from the Tick Tick to the plunck after it shuts off. I learned a lot in the first week I owned this one.

Cars from this point out are going to change a lot with the new advanced system that are coming. The new hybrids and other systems are going to change a lot on how people deal with cars.

In the future web sites like this that share info will be much more importants. I know you are new here so if you have an issue ask away as most of us already have delt with it long ago.
I know many have helped me on several issues and are glad to help if asked.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:26 AM

Thanks and I will.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:18 PM

Picked up the SS this morning at the dealer. No work record on the tap, tap, but they did get the new fuse block in. Full take of petrol and I'm back on the road again. Hopefully that'll be the last of the "new car" visits to the shop. Looking forward to some fun as the temps are cooling down here in Tucson.

Thanks again to all that posted, will keep checking in.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:47 AM

Picked up the SS this morning at the dealer. No work record on the tap, tap, but they did get the new fuse block in. Full take of petrol and I'm back on the road again. Hopefully that'll be the last of the "new car" visits to the shop. Looking forward to some fun as the temps are cooling down here in Tucson.

You should be good
Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM

Glad to read that you're back on track. As a side note check the underhood fuse block and the fuses in the BCM to make sure that all the fuses are seated well. That seems to be a problem several of us have encountered regardless of buying a new or used HHR. I bought mine brand new right off the showroom floor and 1 week later had to seat 80% of the fuses under the hood. I knew to check them after reading a post on here. That'll prevent any loose connections and electrical "gremlins" to rear their heads later on down the road. Enjoy the SS and like hyperV6 said, there's lots to learn from here, so ask away if you need to!

Later
Allex